1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Jager 1813

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by blabsy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    Its been some time since my last post,sorry for that!
    This bust from Miniature park,had been in the to do list for some time,and sat in my cupboard for a little too long.
    When I started it,it was more a painting test for me,as I'd had sutch a long break from it all.
    I took around 8hrs to do,I think he look's like Robert Shaw minus the mole? [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

finished!

Best Regards
    Paul
  2. georges64 Member

France
    Excellent painting Paul! For 8hrs to be done, it was painted with acrylics, no?

georges.
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Beautiful bust, georges !
  4. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    Georges;it was painted in all three mediums,face/belt oils,linnen strap and undercoats Humbrols, and the rest acrylics.
    The bust needed a bit of cleaning up,but was rather nice to paint,and I'm rather fond of German subjects of this period,they are a little few and far between!
    Many the for your kind comments.....
    Best Regards
    Paul
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Paul. This is a classic piece in my opinion. Ishii is one of the best in the biz when it comes to sculpting and you've done him justice here. I have this one in the "army" as well. I had quite a bit of cleaning as well. Some was touchy due to where it landed if I remember corectly. I should dig this fellow out again, you've given me inspiration!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay,
    glad to be of service,its a little better in the flesh as most are,my pic's are'nt the best I must add.
    I painted the Death Hussar by Ishi also the are side by side on my web page,but alas my pic's are sub standard, I must re do them at some point!
    Thank's for your kindness.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  7. georges64 Member

France
    Too bad vergilius, but I am not the painter:D

georges.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent painting Paul.
    I like what you have done.

marc
  9. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul

Good to see you back in the Saddle, are you coming to Welling open day at the weekend, be good to see you again mate, and take a look at this little beauty..... nice piece of work mate....

Dave
  10. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Bud,
    I found out today,with minnamal ass kissing and a shift change,I have the day off,so I will be there.
    Looking forward to it!!
    Best Regards
    Paul