1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Infantryman 1916

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jun 1, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here are some photo's of the early stages of the prone German from The Fusilier
    The first outing on my Vbench :)
    I'll mount the figure on the base as soon as possible once I've got my brush into all those awkward places it won't reach when lying down.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger,
    good start so far. Good to see you back at if again! I like the gas mask on this guy. Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Jay,
    My wife has expressed a dislike of this figure "the gasmask is scary". In my view it is good that a model figure can effect someone in that way and is a good indication of the sculpters skill.
    More pics to follow.

Roger.
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking forward to see some more
    christos
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I have now glued the figure to the groundwork. I think I might have positioned it wrong as I needed to build up some areas with a mixture of white glue, cat litter and flock, so that he is part of the groundwork and not just lying on top of it.
    The groundwork has been washed with dark grey ready for more washes and dry brushing.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    You know, I think that may be why I like gas masks. I kinda like the anaminity, the "everyone looks the same", the "whats under there" mystery of them. I did a painting in college from a WWII (I think) image of a whole bleacher full of German's wearing gas masks. It was the eighties and it kinda fit the whole punk-rock feeling of the time, but I still cling to some fascination for them! Call me weird! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Ok here's another for Jay and any other gas mask fetishists, you know there are special websites for this kinda thing........... alledgedly :lol:

[IMG]
  8. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Pete here
    It's nice to see a WW1 figure fan
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Pete, WW1 is almost an obsession for me. As far as figures go we are in the minority I think, but what figures are available are very good.

Roger.
  10. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Roger
    I have just come back to modelling after about 15 years doing other things and I find that models have improved a great deal. I am, at the moment, working on two Jon Smith Modellbau kits. Stormtrooper 1918 (120mm) and Sergeant, Saxon Jager, 1917 (54mm).

Pete
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Those two are both on my list to do Pete. I've just returned to kits by The Fusilier after a spell doing Jon Smith kits.

Roger
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    As you can see by the progress so far I've spent nearly all day on this so it's time for a rest, a beer and post a couple more pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good, there, Rog! Let's have some close-ups!!

All the best,
    Dan
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Dan. I'll post some more pics including some close ups as this progresses.
    I wanted this figure to blend into the muddy groundwork and be a part of it, does that make sense? Now I'm not quite sure. I might lighten the groundwork a little bit more.
    Comments welcome.

Roger.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Got some more done. I just have the left hand and rifle to paint and glue into place and some barbed wire and grenades to add.
    Comments and suggestions welcome.

Roger.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    One more, for now. I've been experimenting with my camera ;)

[IMG]
  17. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Cheers, Roger! You've done a marvelous job! And the new camera seems to be working very well!

All the best,
    Dan
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Dan, I've still got to get on top of this photography business but I'm getting there, I think.
    I still haven't decided what figure to do next, I haven't been able to get hold of Steve Warrilow over the past couple of days. Still, it gives me more time to make up my mind and change it again a few times.

Roger.