1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GERMAN HELMETS PAINT SET

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by SCALE75, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :rolleyes:.

All this nonsense with paint sets that are supposedly specifically for this, that & the other is just getting daft now. I gave up on it ages ago, just threw in the towel having bought so many paints that ended up hardly being touched, or not touched at all.

These days I just check my colour references and then mix & match whatever looks right from whatever I have to hand. Seems to work just fine. For my purposes anyway.

- Steve
    Huw63 and Nap like this.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    mort de rire 2.gif LOL
    Huw63 and Nap like this.
  3. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Can't wait for the boot laces set to come!
  4. Nap Moderator

England

It's the underwear set I am looking forward to ...LOL

Nap
    Mirofsoft and Huw63 like this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    "Suspender Belt Pink" ..... can't fault it! ;):cool::LOL:

WCF pin-up.jpg

- Steve
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Abt. 502 are the dog's whatsits. I love 'em, and they dry dead flat.

- Steve
    Huw63 and Nap like this.
  7. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hope there's a brown in that set for anyone doing a soldier who crapped his pants during battle. Or changing his tidy whities for the serious rivet counter.

Edit....Sorry Nap.....That will probably all be included in the underwear set.
    Nap and Huw63 like this.
  8. Ronaldo A Fixture

I know many have scoffed at this latest release from Scale 75 including myself .

But There is a valid point to these paints esp for World war one and Two as some of the colours
    for these uniforms are difficult to mix in acrylics as wet paint is not the same shade or tone when dry ,
    so pre mix gives you good consistent results.

On most occasions I only use acrylics for base colour before top coat of oils , but that is down to my
    inability of mixing and shading at will with these paints .
    housecarl and Nap like this.
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There will always be a market for this type of thing especially for beginners or others that are not confident enough to mix their own colours so at least scale 75 are catering for these people within the hobby.

I have been paint for about 40 yeas and use colour sets from Scale 75 and Andrea as it speeds up my painting time and gives me a constant colour pallet if the piece is left for a period of time and come back to at a later time. Its really a case of each to their own and what your personal preference is and what works best for you.

Tommi
    billyturnip, Martin64 and Huw63 like this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Agree to that and the general quality of paints you get from Scale 75 - anyway if you take a closer look at the instructions, the paints like others have to be mixed to achieve the results shown. Still I think that it is hilarious to release a paint set targeting single uniform pieces - the basic tones and flaked camouflage paint effect is IMHO copied from the paint sets for WWII-German armor.
    Regardless what kind of paint you use - it will always be about mixing.
    Cheers, Martin
    Huw63 likes this.
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Everyone gets caught up in negative side....and then everyone stops to think...Hey, there might be a positive side here. For the most part, I agree with Martin; It's always going to be for the most part about mixing, a touch of this and a touch of that and whatever it takes to get to "your own satisfaction point" of what you are content with.....I really don't think anyone on PF is going mix their own pigments to make their own paint and be called Michael Angelo. On a separate note....I do have the Scale 75 Flesh Tone Set and they blend well with other acrylics. I also use some oils on occasion but for the most part; I use whatever it takes to get the job done to my own satisfaction.... After all, it is just a hobby for most of us.

Wayne