1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German helmet

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by LCoote, Mar 10, 2004.

1. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey, Thanks guys
    Lou, Dave, it's for a 1/16 scale SS soldier in Normandy that I'm doing as a master
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    (y) (y) (y)

helms are so tricky, great work!!
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh!

That turned out super! Looking forward to see the rest of the figure come to life!
  4. poetwarrior Member

Leigh,

I can see the "SS" runes already. 12th SS "Hitler Jugend"?

Dave
  5. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks again :)
    tricky indeed Gordy, but it was easier than I anticipated.
    Yep, right on Dave (y)
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh, that is just great, You have done a fantastic job on it. You just have to get some copies made, what a gem.~Gary
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks Gary, I'm going to look at doing some copies
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Terrific job Leigh. Good call on making copies. This will help maintain consistency for future projects.
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh,

Great work! (y) I am looking forward to seeing the figure that goes with it.

Joe
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Same here,Leigh,same here Great job on the helmet
    Kenneth
  11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Well done, that stahlhelm! It looks the part! (y)
  12. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Well thanks guys, I appreciate all of the comments
  13. brentonrj New Member

G'day mate!

Good to see this SS character is getting dressed!....just kidding

For others out there reading this, I had the pleasure of meeting Leigh in person at the Australian Model Expo in Melbourne over a week ago. He kindly showed me the figure for this helmet in its basic form before building more muscle structure and clothing.

All I can say is that it was a great pleasure and it is something special to see your work in progress up close and in the flesh!

Keep it up mate and I look forward to following this thread with extreme interest

Cheers
    Brenton
  14. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks Brenton, hopefuly by the next time we catch up you'll be able to see the finished piece.
  15. Pete_H New Member

Yo Leigh! That helmet looks f'ing AWESOME!!! I wouldn't dream of covering such exquisite detail with a helmet cover. Looking good, baby!!!! If you're depicting a member of the Waffen SS in Normandy, how about the 17th SS Panzergrenadiers? I've never seen a figure produced depicting this unit (as a sidenote, their fighting strength was torn to shreds by Allied air superiority before they even got a chance to duke it out with the Allies in Normandy. By the time they were at the front, they were rendered combat ineffective).

Again, good job amigo!!!!!
  16. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Thanks Pete Yeh, I like your idea of a 17th SS panzergrenadier at Carentan, as you said, not something that's been covered before. I wonder if 17th SS were issued with the 1944 HBT pea pattern camo uniform