1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP German Gunner MG34 1/12

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 20, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    More work is done on this figure.there is only one photo as there is not much else to see at the moment.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Johan Kees, dArtagnan, Voidec and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Dear Andrew,

I may not have been vocal in your previous posts but you can count me as a big fan of your two talents:

1. Your selected manner to demonstrate a subject - super stylish and straight to the point

2. Your rendition of fabric - photo real

I am particularly thrilled to read that this figure is 1/12. That would make it a must-have.
  3. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hell Andy, cant keep up with ya, lol. this has been on the back burner for awhile mate, so far looks great. nothing to do with the other figure youve just posted?? Watching.... Les
  4. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Andy

This figure is looking great. Very nice pose, indeed.

Please watch the volume of the upper body.

A question:
    How do you plan to cast the left hand?
  5. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow Andy, that's a real gem!

All the best,
    Jon.
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Taesung,
    The plan is to cast the hand holding the mg hand grip.I might even cast this together far as the armband on the sleeve,then the right arm can stay on the body when cast,will see.The left hand can stay on the arm.
    Andy
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy a great start and will be following. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. Essex New Member

Australia
    I have only just discovered your miniatures, and they are greatI am planning to buy some now.
    Are there any Australian or New Zealand stores that sell them?
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Try "Fold it hobbies"run by Andrew Judson in Australia.Although he is relatively a new store he stocks or can order the Acmodel range.
    Cheers
    Andy
  10. Essex New Member

Australia
    Thanks heaps
    I have spent most of the day looking at the models you have posted on planet figure, and I am really want to get a couple.
    I especially like your British Infantryman and Maori Warrior, and I am really looking forward to your vignette's
  11. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Sculpting the back with its equipment is next.A new blade is used to define detail by running around resesses and joins.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Heeresbergführer likes this.
  12. Heeresbergführer Active Member

United-States
    Grüß Di' Andy,

Great looking sculpt!!! Look forward to seeing it finished.

One critique though...the water bottle is hanging too low. It should be clipped to the D-ring on the breadbag.

[IMG]

Check out this link:

http://www.mp44.nl/equipment.htm

Horrido!

Patrick
  13. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hallo Patrick,
    Thanks for the critique.However I have seen a photo of Landser with the water bottle fitted on the lower loop on the breadbag/pouch.Also this conforms some artistic lisense to help with the overall composition.I can always change it if it doesnt look right.
    Alles Gute
    Andy
  14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The front of the tunic is being worked ,however the shirt collar looks a little short and could be extended further.The head has been raised a little higher with the chin up some more giving more emphasis to the pointed hand.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

15. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The ammo belt is being tried here.Although the belt looks like a simple loop there are some complex angles involved.
    See the white metal castings .Three or four will be added to the kit.There could be a resin length as well,will see how it goes.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

16. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Masterful Andy!

Great work on the white metal.

This figure reminds me of a PK sequence taken of German troops entering the town of Thulin in 1940. I'd love to know the insipration for this piece.

All the best,
    Jon.
  17. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Progress with the ammo belt as part of it can be cast on the upper body,the rest will be cast seperately either in whitemetal or resin.The Mg is underway however the stock needs extending .
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  18. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is really looking good :)