1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Fallschirm-Jager Kreta 1941 MDM Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by DAVIDE, Jul 29, 2019.

1. DAVIDE New Member

Hi everyone. We present our new figurine. He is a German FJ engaged in Kreta in 1941. He is produced in resin, on a 1/18 scale. In the package is included the base which represents a section of staircase and two heads. Thank you and good day.
    Contact mail: mdmminiatures@gmail.com or visit us on FB.

67265334_418855158718600_2872415651585064960_n.png 67575572_2561979513834204_1647375315296583680_n.jpg 61255385_444621602777954_6295696635959705600_n.png 61389371_747639962332045_160728271900639232_n.jpg
    FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 and Mike S. like this.
  2. FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 Active Member

Germany
    Looks good :) but no 1:16 :cry:
  3. DAVIDE New Member

Hi Patrick.
    No, we decide for 1/18 scale. Thank you for comment.
    Don't cry, you could still change scale and be happy again. (y)

Davide
    FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 likes this.
  4. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Like Patrick said, no 1/16? I could use this figure with my Jeff Shiu ones if it were. So I guess you won’t be crying if I don’t buy it.
  5. I agree, if it was 120mm or 1/16 i would definitely buy one..sorry :(
  6. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Nice figure, dont know to much about 1/18 scale so had a quick look... There are quite a few military vehicles and figures out there..
    I have figures in all sorts of different scales... Good luck with this one.. (y)
  7. Sgt. Red Active Member

Nice fig!!!
  8. DAVIDE New Member

Hi guys, thank you all for your comments. It is right that there are different opinions dictated by subjective points of view, which therefore we can also embrace to thank you or disagree by making it a treasure anyway, this is and remains our choice and therefore we will manage it as such. Have a nice day.
    Davide
  9. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I am not sure about the way this soldiers has adapted his uniform to the hot climate on Crete. It seems that he pulled his baggy trousers up to his knees and fastened them there with the help of the strings that should close the trousers around the ankles. No way that the result of this measure will look like it is shown on the figure. To emphasize the hot conditions there is an unhooked field bottle (with cup strapped on top) placed on the stairs while the MP in his hand indicates a state of alert... something an experienced soldier would avoid even if the field bottle is empty.
    To me the idea to show the field adaptions made by the German Paras to cope with the climate on Crete is welcome and not often shown in miniature but the way it is translated does not match with pictures and accounts I have in my library. Much more common was to entirely remove the trousers (and even the field jacket) and put on just the jump smock - or in the aftermath of the battle even wear a British tropical uniform. The scale is to me extravagant for purpose to not match with all the other releases on the market - so this one is with regret not for me.

That said I wish you Davide the success you are after!

Cheers, Martin
    Fallschj Kreta 1.jpg Fallschj Kreta 2.jpg Fj Kreta in captured  British tropical uniform.jpg
    FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 likes this.
  10. DAVIDE New Member

Hi Martin, I'll thank you for your discussion. I would like to start with the detail of the bottle that is on the ground only because the photos are those of the master and then it will be glued to the belt. The observation he put on his trousers for the shell is correct and they are closed with laces. As you will see from the historical photos coexist in the same image soldiers dressed in different missing garments. This photo depicts a FJ soldier with his pants pulled up above his knee. I don't know if you've ever done a few military missions (no reenactors or softair) abroad for a few months in hot areas, I do, and I have seen several set-ups for the heat. I thank you and wish you a good day 12804869_1027048910674920_6125807846866207352_n.jpg
    Martin64 likes this.
  11. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Davide,

thanks for the picture - unfortunately very small so that the interesting detail is hard to figure out. Yes, I have two years "mission experience" earned in the Balkans (Kosovo) and former service as Para (of course not in WW II but had several contacts to verterans of the Battle for Crete) and yes I am aware of field adjustments but know that it is not a good idea to pull up baggy trousers between your legs if you have to walk, move and fight - not to speak what will happen to the skin of your inner thighs if you do that for a while:eek::arghh: .
    Looking at your reference picture it clearly shows German Paras and while the left one has mixed his uniform with British items (helmet and shorts) the man in the centre maybe has done something with his "bonesack" but not with his trousers. If you look at his right leg (at the left side from the viewers position) you can see that the shadow line higher up does not mark the end of his jumpsmock but is created by the inner pockets of the "bone sack". So our man is most probably not wearing his trousers pulled up but is wearing just his jump smock - the same way as shown in my reference pics above. To illustrate my assumption I enlarged your pic.
    Cheers, Martin

Ausschnitt Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-166-0525-26.jpg FJ Kreta 1.jpg
  12. DAVIDE New Member

Maetin Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-166-0525-26.jpg , if you look at the multitude of para images in Crete you'll find the following clothing configurations; jump suit with a Luftwaffe uniform and shirt, as before without a shirt, a throw-over suit without pants and a jacket only with a shirt, only a jumpsuit, with a bare back and no overalls, so there could be one who pulled them up above the knee. For the volume of fabric compressed between the lower closure of the jump suit and the knee I would say that they are the pants. In any case, when I was on a summer mission in Albania and I was hot, I pulled up my pants over my knee, and I'm also a parachutist. Thanks again for the opinions.
    Davide
  13. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Davide - yes, I am aware of the multitude of pictures of the Battle of Crete but none of them - including your pics - showed so far the trousers worn this way although all kind of changes or adaptions are evident. When you pulled your trousers up in Albania you did not wear a bone sack on top of it I assume:D .
    But of course on Crete [quote="DAVIDE, there could be one who pulled them up above the knee
    Davide[/quote] and you reproduced him as a model(y).
    Cheers, Martin
  14. DAVIDE New Member

Right, it's about frames, it's all there, suppose he fell off the stairs and he poked his pants on his knees and got uglier walking around with holes that showed his athletic body. Hello Friend
  15. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    That said I wish you Davide the success you are after! (see my first post above):)
  16. DAVIDE New Member

Martin, I thank you very much. Have a nice day. I add me in Albania 1992, good times.

IMG_20190731_101041.jpg
  17. DAVIDE New Member

Hi guys. Finally painted for us by Andrea Terzolo our LW Fallschirmjager, Crete 1941 in 1/18 scale, sculpted by Pasquale Oliviero. The figure is available in kit from us at € 36. I want to remember you Andrea Teezolo join us in the assembly and painting service dedicate for collectors who intend to have the figure ready to show or for a great gift to a mate. Is you are interested in this service please contact us. Thanks to join us.
    mdmminiatures@gmail.com

PP3.jpg

71834804_464153390855443_7504081381132075008_n.jpg

71389708_455132168424232_3638572013997522944_n.png

PP2.jpg

72261640_464327874171328_2476876342176514048_n.jpg