1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Armored Sentry 1917

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by khollar, Jun 13, 2024.

1. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    German armored sentry, Western Front, 1917. This terrific 120mm figure from Jon Smith Modellbau is painted in oils and acrylics.
    If you haven’t purchased and painted any Jon Smith figures yet, I highly recommend them.
    They are beautifully detailed, very cleanly cast, and come with more documentation than any figure range that I’m aware of.
    Jon also produces a range a Great War accessories , which make building a trench scene or modifying a figure quite easy.

Kurt

48FE2C9E-FA4D-4F89-83BE-726020B50AA1.jpeg 0C475245-1A6B-46F7-88F4-22D9F8AA3787.jpeg 9BBA9DA5-D2EC-40F9-A10B-CDA32FBE004C.jpeg 2D7FC297-7EAC-4767-ACC1-3469D56A3C75.jpeg AA4E1275-DE5A-4239-9328-99C01965861F.jpeg 284A0965-C134-438C-879C-D17DD00E181B.jpeg
  2. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Lovely job Kurt, the detailing is great and the weathering even better, love it.

Cheers Simon
    Oda and khollar like this.
  3. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent job.. I have a few Jon,s figures both 120mm and 54mm in the grey army and in the display cabinet, they are of excellent quality..

Smithy
    Oda and khollar like this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Great work.Very convincing weathering.

Oda.
    khollar likes this.
  5. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Not normally my thing but I am well impressed by the detail and weathering of this figure. The trench armour is very realistic. Excellent
    Melanie
    khollar likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kurt

Great to see you posting

A fine figure from Jon Smith Modellbau , probably the best for WW1 figures and accessories https://www.jonsmith-modellbau.com/

You’ve certainly painted this well , the armour weathering really looks good , that together with the equipment really makes this single figure

Like the additions on the base as well

Why not support our competitions see link below

Thanks for sharing

Looking forward to seeing to seeing more

Have fun @ the bench

Nap
    khollar likes this.
  7. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Very nice work

Mobo
    khollar likes this.
  8. NigelR A Fixture

Very nice work. Every time I see one of those large JSM figures my wallet twitches.......
    khollar likes this.
  9. Rocco82 Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Fine work. Just to echo the others. The weathering is top notch. Especially on the chest armour plate. Very lifelike. And the subtle tones throughout work very well for the scene.
    khollar likes this.
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  11. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you all for the kind words. They are most appreciated.

I would be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge Mike “The Kiwi” Butler, and his fine book on painting Great War figures. I have been itching to do a trench setting since I purchased his book. That was just the push I needed.

Cheers,
    Kurt
    Nap likes this.