1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP George Lassos The Moon- 54mm one-off

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Stephen Ward, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys. While waiting on a base to arrive from my buddy Pete for my bikerider figure, I got this Christmas present for my girlfriend's parents started. After Mike Meehan asked about this on a previous post, I thought I'd do a small SBS on creating a figure. This one is a 54mm of George Bailey from It's A Wonderful Life. The pose is taken from the embroidery Mary does of him throwing a lasso on the moon for her, hence 'George Lassos The Moon.' He is wearing a football jersey and oversized football pants (which he is having to hold up). The figure is going in a 6x8 shadowbox with the moon in the corner and solder being used for the lasso. Here is what inspired it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I wanted to get the pose based off of the stitching, but it's impossibly anatomically wrong. I took a few liberties with the sculpt as to not make it perfectly and realistically posed but instead to get the feel of the pose from the film. Here is how it progressed up to this point. More soon. Cheers, Stephen
    Fleshing out the mannequin.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Adding clothing.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Hair added with Duro, and starting to refine folds and clean up rough spots.[IMG]
    Mike Stevens and mark761214 like this.
  2. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking Good.

"Isn't that right Clarence? Each time a bell rings, another Angel get its
    wings." I believe that is what Zoo Zoo said. . . :):)

Jayhawker, Old Timer Movie Buff
  3. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Yes! Thank you sir for the SBS. I love this scene from the movie and always wanted to see it made. I look forward to following your steps.
  5. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    No worries. It's a neat scene.
  6. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Some progress. Got the right arm on it's way to being done, as well as roughing in the collar, which will be carved down. It's a delicate detail and so I sculpted it much bulkier and larger to start out to give it some bite to the dried putty underneath. More soon.
    Cheers, Stephen
    [IMG]
    michelangelo likes this.
  7. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Here is the sculpt for George Bailey, everything's done except a bit of cleanup. Hopefully it captures the feel of the pose and I did some justice to it. Next up is the shadowbox and getting the moon & lasso squared away before I paint. Lemme know what ya think guys.
    Cheers, Stephen
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]