1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Geordy finishes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Stephan, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great Stephen
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Stephen,

That is something different then the soldiers i've been painting.
    It is really looking good.

Marc
  4. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks for your opinion.
    I feel like I am the only one here who paint SF.
    Is that possible?
    Why is figuremodelling the most historical?
  5. Calvin Member

It's not my preferred genre, but I must say that your work is really original and attractive.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Stephan - That's really cool! Excellent likeness! As Calvin said, not exactly my cuppa, but really nice!

all the best,
    Dan
  7. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks guys that s very kind of you. :lol:
  8. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Stephan-

Well done. I liked this one ever since I saw it on your work bench photo's.

Why don't figure painters do more SF? For me, it's a couple of reasons. First, history is a greater interest to me than SF (by just a bit...). Secondly, for character figures like Geordi I am a bit put off by trying to paint a likeness of a real person. One reason I have not done Latorre's Maximus.

What's next for you?

Keith
  9. mxconnell New Member

To slip out of "lurk mode" for my first post....

1. Very nicely done, I like the addition of the base/equipment that Geordi is viewing.

2. I think most SF figure folks tend to drift to the larger garage scales and therefore correspond on garage kit/SF forums. You often see sf figure kits at CultTV or occasionally at Starship Modeller.

3. I think the larger kits require different techniques. This was especially so 10 years ago when the majority of historicals still worked in oils and garage kits were all acrylic. That's another historical reason the two camps of figure painters congregated separately. But I see the separation breaking down more these days.

Regards,
    Martin

P.S. I paint 6mm to 1/4 scale, any genre, any medium :)
  10. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    No I cant take your opinion Martin.
    My garage Kits are all in Oils and a larger kit get the same technic as a smaller one.
    For me its difficult to paint a smaller figure as a bigger one.

I used the same technic as for the smaller, but on the smaller there is no place for my brush.

Thanks for your opinion guys, I wish planet more SF figures. Thats a great place here.