1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

General von Kluck

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mil-mart, Mar 11, 2009.

1. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Came across this picture whilst searching for my next sculpt and was immediately struck by his stance, it's not even a period I'm familiar with, so here goes.

All comments and critism welcome.

Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking very good so far Ken, what scale are you working to?

You seem to be working with two different types of putty, one for bulk and one for detail. Can you tell us what you're using?

I'm sure you know this already, but don't forget that with a pose like this all the body weight is on his right leg, with the left leg almost idle (if you try standing like it you'll notice you can raise your left leg without falling over!) It looks as if you have reversed this and placed the weight upon his left leg, with the right leg idle?

Looking forward to seeing this develop Ken!

All the best,
    Jon.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jon , in answer to your comments.

It's a 120mm and I use MS for bulk and a mixture of MS and Duro(green-stuff) approx 75-25% for detail.
    You're correct in regard to his stance, the reason was I found the original pic in a book which has been printed mirror image:confused: so if you can imagine everything is reversed, his buttons fastened on the girls side , his weight on his left -etc.
    Looks like I'd better carry on and put things right, :( I appreciate your suggestions, many thanks.
    Cheers Ken
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amendments

After giving it much thought, I've decided to alter his stance, weight will be on right leg and his left leg will be slightly bent, possibly about to take a step.
    I know this deviates from the pic but , if it turns out O.K in the end, I'll live with that .:D

I've lengthened his jacket and now all that's left is to work on his overcoat and that should be the end of Herr Kluck. :)

Thanks for looking.
    Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    nice work Ken i like what you are doing with this.

Steve
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve. Appreciate the comments.

Cheers Ken
  7. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Coming together now Ken.

looking good, and I think the stance is that bit better now.

Cheers
  8. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent ken,!

You've caught the 'hunch' on his right hand side (from the heel to his shoulder) very well, and the droop to his left hand side. I like the way you have sculpted his hands in his pockets, that looks very natural. The last bit (his greatcoat) will definetley be the hardest part to make convincing. I'm really struggling with this myself (have a look at my previous post- Notre Dame de Cenilly), it's a toughie!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jamie, many thanks for your comments, remember my advice - check,check and check again:eek::eek::). I should listen to myself more.
    How's the Japanese lady coming along.?

Hi Jon, your right about the greatcoat, besides the sculpting I'm also finding it hard to find any reference how the rear was tailored. I've searched google images, so if anyone has the details please help.
    The 2 pics show my guesswork, not too late to alter.:rolleyes:
    Wow your "Notre Dame de Cenilly" looks like a ambitious project , great sculpting. You'll have to post an update.

Cheers Ken

Attached Files: