General Maximus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ghostrider, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Ghostrider New Member

Hey everyone,

Here's a Latorre' Roman Cavalry General (i.e. General "Russell Crowe" Maximus ;) ) I painted with Vallejos. The German Shepard is from Ulrich Puchala and he's been slightly modified with Apoxie Sculpt (thicker coat and added collar).

Cheers,

Bob Waltman

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great work Bob!

What color did you use for the tan on the breastplate?
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lovely work Bob. I really like the groundwork.Keep up the good work.
  4. Ghostrider New Member

Thanks Anders,

I used Old Gold #878 and toned it down with Gold Brown #877. I don't have a mixture/ratio. I pretty much worked with the two until I was satisfied. Having said that, I did use mainly the Old Gold and very little of the Gold Brown. Hopefully that makes some sense :) .

BW
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thats a lovely vignette Bob.
    What did you use for the leaves?
    How did you shade and highlight the red?

One nitpick though, the German Shepherd hadnt been breed by that time although there were similar dogs around at that time. ;)
    If Im not mistaken that is, perhaps someone else could come up with details?
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  7. Ghostrider New Member

Thanks Janne,

The leaves are a variety of the Fall Leaves (diecut paper) supplied by Hudson and Allen Studios. I applied them with wood glue to the branches. Once the glue had dried, I stained them with red and orange Pelikan inks.

As for the dog, I couldn't resist using him. He just looked to cool standing next to the General :) .

Take care,
    Bob Waltman