1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GENERAL LEE

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by oniria, Oct 4, 2005.

1. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    Hi all!

This is my 6th figure finished. I've been painting figs (and in this forum) for around 18 mmonths, but unfortunately I don't have much spare time for the hobbie, so don't be to severe with yours critics (all of them welcome of course) ;)
    The model is Andrea's General Lee and the scale is 54mm. If you don't like my painting I can assure you that my speciality is stripping paint off, no one beats me on that :lol: :lol: .
    Now let's see if I can post the pictures properly.

Saludetes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now an enbarrasing close up of the face
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Angelo,

For your sixth figure: Chapeau. Great work.
    I am sure that you would't improve your skills. All you gotta do is painting as much as you can.
    Iff i shouldt make one comment. On the coat more shading and highlighting. It can be the lightning of the picture but it seems all one colour to me.
    But again Chapeau.

Marc
  3. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Angel
    No severe criticism on this site just encouragement

As Marc has said just keep painting

One piece of advice, to avoid stripping paint
    keep your paints really thin ... build up colour strength gradualy
    if you are using acrylics ..you will then be able to paint your way
    out of any mistakes made

Other than that .. you seem to have caught the spirit of the piece
    whats next ... look forward to seeing it

Enjoy your painting

Frank
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Have you met Frank? He strips so much he could get arrested!!!!! :lol:

Very good for your 6th figure. Keep going as you are, as Frank says, keep the paints thin. My comment would be to get some darker lines between, say, the sash and the uniform, to seperate them more, and to be carefu to be a precise as possible between colours.

Very subtle work on the face

Robl
  5. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    :lol: Rob ....can you get to the club meet tonite ..?

Frank
  6. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    hi all!

thanks for your comments.
    My next figure will be Latorre's Sebastopol Rifle Brigade or maybe an Andrea's US cavalry trooper kneeling and loading his carabine.

I'll try to keep my paints (acrilycs) as thin as possible for the next time. And also try to be a little more bold on the highlights and shades.

saludetes.
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    Hi, I think the face needs more shadows and highlights. But If you see my 6th figure you would see a lot of mistakes. So, your figure is excellent.

Jaime
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Nice job with the fleshtones. I like them. What colors did you use? Just take the highs and shadows a bit further to get more contrast in there. A REALLY good figure for just your 6th ! (y) ;)

Jim Patrick
  9. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    Hi all!

Thanks a lot for yor encouraging (spelt ok?) words.

Jim these are the colours I used :

The face colours are vallejo's (Now I'n at work and I don't know the numbers):
    - Base: Brown sand (as Jaume Ortiz)

1st light: 50% base + 50% sunny skin

2nd light: sunny skin
    3rd light: 50% sunny skin + 50% light flesh

extreme lights (not so): light flesh.

Shadows: Well here I tried to achieve (not very good) Diego Ruina's technique:
    Just black. Starting with it very very diluted and adding more colour as shadows get deeper. I saw him do it at El Leon Rampante contest here in Spain And his results are fast and amazing.

After that I applied "randomly" washes in magenta and brown sand, until I felt ok with the results.
    It's not really any technique it's just me trying to control the paint, not the other way round (as it is right now :lol: ). But I think in more or less time I'll tame the Vallejo's (I hope).

saludetes.