1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP General Colbert at Waterloo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by khollar, Jun 6, 2021.

1. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Here’s my progress to date on General Colbert of the Red Lancers. This is a Carl Reid sculpt released by Bonaparte’s. I’ve added a few missing details to the czapka and the head is about 80% finished. Much left to do on this one. 8FC6FA40-B573-4CE5-A773-B19D933B1F6D.jpeg View attachment 420743 1AB9523F-A798-4D43-A19C-162A260BF181.jpeg 18D0A4FA-0AC4-4B64-B614-C7EC5DB5C90C.jpeg
  2. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great start Kurt. You did much more than add a few missing details to the czapska my friend. Did you also redo the plume as well?
    malc likes this.
  3. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you very much. Yes, I did. The plume provided in the kit was nice, but it wasn’t nearly as tall as my references regarding Colbert indicated. I sawed off the upper section and then drilled out the base. I cut a section of tall grass from a Woodland Scenics model railroad set and filled the base with as much as it would hold. I then coated the grass with several coats of thinned white glue, and bent it backwards to give a feathery, windswept look. The bust features Colbert ‘at the charge’, so this will hopefully reflect motion and look more realistic when I’m finished.

6FBF3E1B-A705-45F1-8565-05846569406B.jpeg
    Jed, Perseas, Martin64 and 4 others like this.
  4. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good detail painting, and good additions to the original.
    khollar likes this.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Like what you’ve done with this so far Kurt. Love the detail additions on the czapka and super paintwork.
    khollar likes this.
  6. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    More progress on Colbert. Still a good bit of work to do, but the head has finally been attached to the torso. 0DB2CF04-D6FF-4BA0-A638-70042A42DBDC.jpeg EE6D498E-ECBF-45C9-AA49-3C9C625E0A98.jpeg 57EB43F9-662F-41EB-B741-2DFA65F057C0.jpeg
    Perseas, Tonton, Paul Kernan and 3 others like this.
  7. Cannonball A Fixture

Coming on great Kurt. Like the richness of the blue and super work on the lace as always.

Neal
  8. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, Neal. That is most appreciated.
    Kurt
  9. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm nearly at the end of my first Napoleonic figure, and I have a new found admiration for those who can paint these subjects.. that lace is beautiful, as is the rest of the figure.
  10. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, Henk. That is most kind of you to say. I enjoy the challenge of painting these colorful uniforms, and creating the appearance of gold and silver lace using non-metallic paint. It’s a learning process, and I’m hopefully improving with each successive project.

Kurt