1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

General Buford

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

It has been quite some time since my last posting but I have been doing some work. I will have a few highlanders to post soon and just to post something. Here is a bust of General Buford that is being produced by Michael Roberts. It is up to Mike's standards and it was a real joy to paint. There was little to no clean up and I was able to get it finished in a really short time.

Joe

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    and a close up

Attached Files:

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Joe............hope to see this bust this weekend
  4. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Joe,

great work especially on the union blue. May I ask if it's rendered in oils, Humbrols or acrylics? Thanks.

Calvin
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nicely done Joe. Excellent work on this beautiful bust. Indeed MR creates some great stuff that need minimal work to clean etc.
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Joe, as usual beautiful work. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc :)
  8. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Joe,Love the Bust.Very nice paint job.Always look forward to see your work.Kind regards John :)
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I really did enjoy this one and I look forward to seeing more of them as Mike release them.

Calvin,

The blues are acrylics. I used Andrea Prussian blue + Vallejo dark blue gray and added Vallejo Med blue in for highlights and then used Vallejo black in the base and then straight black for the shadows.

John,

I too enjoy seeing your work, will you make the trip to WE?

Joe
  10. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Hi Joe,

Love the bust, the way you photographed it makes it look like a modern color portrait.

Ric :)
  11. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Joe,looking again at your General John Buford has inspired me to finish a figure I started two half years ago, it is a scratch built 120mm,I had based him on the actor Sam Elliott as General John Buford in the movie Gettysburg,dont know how many times I've watched this movie but I never get sick of it.GREAT work again Joe.Kind regards John :) P.S Look forward to see the Highlanders big passion of mine also.
  12. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hello my good buddy, how be you ;) ?

Great paint job and as it has been said, it really looks like a modern colour portrait, the way you photographed it..............

Not too much waiting now.......... :lol:

Keep up the great work.........

Take care and see you soon.........

Ray :)
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ric, John and Ray,

Thanks again for the very kind words. I really enjoyed this bust and will be doing a few more from the line.

Joe