1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gen. George Meade, 1/32 figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Apr 27, 2007.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger, Thanks. Rhea is a great author. I'm a little picky about books. Though I have some that are mediocre, most are by reputable scholars. As for Meade's Generalship, how many of the Army of the Potomac's past commanders could actually claim a victory under their command? My inspiration to do the figure is mainly based on my liking of the photograph. ~Gary
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Gary, the standard of writing by Sears and Rhea is what's really got me hooked I think... oh yeah and the figures available.
    Would you recommend Peter Cozzens? I have his Civil War triology on my wish list at the moment, I just haven't pushed the button yet.
    Yes, it's a great photo, there's no shortage of them as inspiration is there?

Roger
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger,

If you liked Sears try John Michael Priest's ANTIETAM: The soldier's battle The story of the battle is woven together by way of eyewitness accounts. I actually liked it better than Sears. Cozzens is very good. I would also look at any of the Gettysburg books by Harry W. Pfanz, former Chief Historian of the National Park Service. ~Gary
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Gary, I'll add those titles to the ever growing list. Sorry for getting away from from the topic in hand, your Gen. Meade.

Roger