1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gen. George Meade, 1/32 figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Apr 27, 2007.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States

Marc, Sculpey can go into the oven for 15-20 minutes at 250 degrees. The more you bake it the harder it will get. I would say you'd have to "bake" your figure under you 100w bulb several times to get it hardened at the same level the oven would do it.~Gary
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is where I'm at on the figure. Work has been going terribly slow. I hope to have the top part of the coat at least roughed out by next week (holding breath). I have since reworked some of the left trouser leg.

The full view of the figure is the one i like best though it's not the angle the photo was taken from.

Attached Files:

3. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi Gary
    what a neat work, it's always a pleasure to see your releases.
    Waiting for the next step :)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks awesome Gary.
    I have my doubt's about the curved legs. But it must be the angle of the picture.

Marc
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States

Not sure what you mean.~Gary
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    As usual things are moving at a snail's pace on the sculpting front. I finally did manage to add the body of Meade's coat and belt. As with the rest of the figure anything is subject to change. I now have some brass rod in place that will become the General's right arm. Much more later.

Attached Files:

7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary,

Looking really nice so far. Now keep at it!

Joe
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    want to see more of this amazing work, looks so great so far....
    ER
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He's looking good Gary. Keep at it.
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking forward to see next steps,
    great work so far
    christos
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Gary, I admire your sculpting skills. You have been an inspiration to all of us. Do continue to amaze us with your beautiful creations.

Cheers and thank you.
    Roc
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys, Thanks for all the kind words. My participation is not what it used to be but I'll hopefully be turning that around soon. Thanks again.~Gary
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Enjoying watching your progress Gary, especially as I'm reading Stephan Sears Gettysburg at the moment.

Roger
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States

Roger, Thank you. You might be interested to know that Sears also wrote a book about the Battle of Antietam called Landscape turned red.~Gary
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Funny you should mention that one Gary I'm trying to decide at the moment whether to get that one next or his Chancellorsville book. I was looking on abebooks at them both earlier. I'll probably buy them both anyway.

Roger
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Gary,
    Thanks for sharing your talent. Great looking figure.
    Cheers
    John
  17. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Really enjoying the process and the progress you are making on this figure Gary.

John
  18. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As an acw enthusiast I've enjoyed the sculpting tips incorporated in your sbs pictures. I'm looking forward to your approach to Meade's jacket
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here a quick little update as Meade slowly creeps to the finish line.

I tried to sculpt the left sleeve on his coat and did not like either of my two attempts. I settled on carving down a blob of putty applied over the armature. All that is left is to refine the folds and add a little putty to the backside and inside of the arm where I carved it down too much.

Attached Files:

20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Coming along nicely Gary.
    You might be interested to know I read Landscape Turned Red and have now reached Cold harbour in the Gordon C Rhea series books on the Overland Campaign.
    Not sure how I feel about Meade as a General but your sculpt is pretty good.

Roger