1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gardejager Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 15, 2008.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here are some photo's of my finished 90mm German Gardejager zu Pferde by Centauro Line Miniatures.

Roger

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    That's a quick finish, just looked at some progress and voila the piece is done.
    Great paintjob!! The horse shadows and highlights are a bit difficult to see with the white background but I suppose they are there.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Marcel, I'll try some pics with a different background see if it helps.
    Cheers,
    Roger.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    These might be a bit better,

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done, Roger! I thought you told me you didn't know how to paint a horse?! Looks great!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I didn't....... this is how I learnt :D

Thank you Dan. This was a lovely fig to paint. The hardest part was making it look "Parade Ground" not something I usually do.

Thanks again Dan. :)

Roger
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Lookin' good Roger! The new pics are a vast improvement!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Roger.

You are too quick or I too slowly (but I use oil-colours) That looks very good. And I think you have done a very good job. One question about the colours of the boots. I have paint my boots black, you have used a brown colour. Is that corrct?

And the horse looks really good. IMO enough highlights and shades

Ulrich
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Ulrich. Remember I am on holiday and can paint all day, (when Jane lets me:D) This was such a good figure I couldn't stop. :)

The references I have all showed brown boots. My main one was this watercolour by Carl Becker

[IMG]

I don't know when the German Army changed to black boots but I'm sure early in the war they wore brown and then changed to black. I will see what I can find and get back to you.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Jay. I still have a lot to learn about photography.

Roger
  11. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks first rate mate, I really like ths one a lot.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Stephen, glad you like it :)

Roger
  13. Mark S Guest

Nice result,Roger.
    Beautiful looking figure.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Mark, much appreciated. Next up is something a bit smaller :)

Roger
  15. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Roger with the blue background it's looking a lot better. Great painting on the horse!! My compliments!
  16. dave mosher Active Member

Ulrich:

Billy's color for the boots is correct. Based on the shoulder banjos on Billy's figure, he is wearing the uniform of a field grade officer (leutnant, oberleutant or rittmeister) of the Prussian Guard Jager zu Pferde detachment from March 1897 through March 1905. At that point, the seven Jager zu Pferde squadrons (including the Guard detachment) were re-organized into three Jager zu Pferde regiments. Ultimately, thirteen Jager zu Pferde regiments were raised by October 1913. The Guard Jager zu Pferde detachment and it's special uniform worn on Billy's figure ceased to exist after March 1905.

Regards

Dave
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Marcel, now why didn't I take them like that to start with :)

Dave thank you for that. I appreciate you taking the time to add that bit of background to the figure.

Ulrich is painting the Ulan figure by the same company and would like to know if brown or black boots are correct for an Ulan. If I've got this right it would depend on the year he wants to portray. Brown for pre and early WWI and then black 1915-ish.

Roger
  18. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger

That has turned out real nice and in such fast time as well, what a great way to spend your holiday time.

Cheers
    Tommi
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Tommi. A lot of jobs around the house I was meant to do fell by the wayside because of this bloke:D

Roger
  20. georges64 Member

France
    Hi Roger,
    sorry to respond so late, it was a moment that I did not come on the forum, very great painting my friend! Time of fast work and quality can happen:)
    Is the next finished yet?:D
    Cheers,

georges.