1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Garde Suisse et Française, 1789

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Nap, they have few great mixes for flesh and uniforms.
    best regards
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    this chap it's almost done. I added the short sabre hanging on the side of the waistbelt, added the left hand and paint it.
    the vedt and pants are were also finished few hours ago.
    all left to do is finish the gaiters and musket.
    20151206_002517.jpg 20151206_002529.jpg 20151206_002555_001.jpg 20151206_002555_002.jpg
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Working on the musket now...
    i normally use Mr Metal primer for small parts that are not attached to the figure.
    I use a scotch Britte sanding/polishing sponge to get rid of the excess of casting and bumps, mak it a smooth surface to paint later.
    wash it with warm water and detergent before apply primer. 20151206_161406.jpg
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    After few hours of dry up on the primer, i normally use citadel Tauseot ochre foundation, but you can base up the musket in any sand, light brown , ochre or buff color.
    it lrovides a nice base comor to later apy the wood grain.
    20151206_162547.jpg
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Once it's dry, i use a combination of vallejo gunmetal grey and metal medium to paint the metal parts of the musket. 20151206_164349.jpg
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Then, i use testors enamel gold or or silver for the metal parts that are not the gun parts, later on i wil brush up some vallejo black wash (for silver parts) or vallejo sepia wash (for gold parts) 20151206_171938.jpg
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Then i marked the edge of the parts with vallejo sepia ink.
    I lay the wood grain using vallejo smoke and a dab ok allejo wood grain, diluted at a rate of 1 part w.grain 2 drols of distilled water, abd build up the intensity of the color from there.
    the paint itself provide that wood grain pattern when you aplly in a proper manner. 20151206_225350.jpg 20151206_202046.jpg
    Blind Pew and billyturnip like this.