1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Garde Mobile vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Mar 15, 2004.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Garde Mobile vignette finished. It was a blast to build and paint Sorry if the pics are fuzzy.

Thanks for looking.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Turned out beautiful Jason, good work (y)

so fast also!!
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, That is just great! I really love the coloring on the figures. Are the faces painted in acrylics as well? Keep up the fantastic work, I can't wait to see this one.~Gary (y)
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jason!

Looks superb! The lines and uniforms are superb, as well are the wound on the poor fella. I have a suggestions though, hope you take it the right way :)

I think the clothing is a little clean especially the guy with the vest, its cleaner then my coat! This is kind of a personal taste thing though, but the scene shows guys that's been in battle (I assume since the wound) and I think it would add little more to the scene to dirty them up a tad more.

Is the wounded guy wearing gloves? It looks like they have been highlighted and shades and have blood stains on them but I thought I'd ask :)

Again, great job, seams like you just posted the finished sculpts and now all of a sudden we see the final result! Keep it up!
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Really cool to see it finished Jason! can't wait to see next project? ;)
  6. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Wow Jason, excellent sculpting, excellent painting
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely Work Jason.Outstanding

Robin
  8. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Jason, excellent job! (y)

-jim cox
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    GREAT JOB! I really like the facial expressions. Again, nice job Jason. Look forward to seeing what's next on your "to do" list.

Jim
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason, ; Excellent work on the flesh areas,the uniforms,the weapons ! Like Gordy said,you're real fast too ! Looking forward to your next project.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Really nice work. (y) You are getting almost as fast as Anders! I look forward to seeing it person and seeing what you do next.

Joe
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guy's!

Yeah, that was kinda fast I started spreading colors as soon as it was finished.

Gary, yes the flesh tones are in acrylics. I was hesitant to take close-ups pics of the face, because it usually dosn't look good on 1/35 scale. But I had to show some eye detail.

Anders, your right my friend, that vest is a little clean. I may have to stain it up a bit. I'm always afraid I'll go overboard w/ weathering.Oh yes, those are gloves.
  13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    High five, Jason!
  14. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Jason, nice work! If you are concerned about overdoing your weathering, don't be. Try building up your weathering slowly...adding until it looks right. If I can offer another suggestion, I never paint the figure's boots (shoes, puttees, brogans, etc) until I mount them on the base. Then I paint the groundwork and the boots at the same time. Use the ground color more on the lower part of the boots and fade it out and into the leather colors as you work your way up. This way, I find, keeps the figure from looking as though both it and the groundwork were painted seperately and then put together. There is a very useful article on this in Historical Miniatures #35.

Kreston
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Great job Jason, and so fast. (y)
  16. Erikvb New Member

WOW you work fast!!!!! Great work Jason!!!
    painting in acrylics??

Erik
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Jason..........both sculpting and painting. I admire your abilities

guy
  18. johnbrewer New Member

Jason, what did you think to my title suggestion?.
  19. Jason W. Active Member

United-States