1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Garde d’Honneur

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tonton, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I thought it was about time I put my head above the parapet, so fire away pF-ers.

This is a Métal Modèles 54mm Garde d’Honneur which stands on a Grange Hardwood Base (cheers, Ron) and is painted in Andrea/Vallejo acrylics. Although I’ve made a few Gd’H1.jpg Gd’H1A.jpg Gd’H1.jpg Gd’H1A.jpg Gd’H2.jpg Gd’H3.jpg Gd’H4.jpg 120mm Napoleonics in the meantime, this is the first 54mm I’ve attempted since 1975 and all I can say is that my eyes are very relieved I had an Optivisor for Christmas!

Jeff
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Jeff, wish my first figure after a long break looked this good-there are a few things you could do with the cross belts etc (Have alook at some other figures posted on the forum and you will see what I mean) and I think the base is probably a bit big for the figure-but great start, did you use oils or acrylics?

Keith
  3. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers, Keith. Appreciated. I used Andrea/Vallejo acrylics.

Jeff
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Wellcome again to the painting work, Tonton. I think you have made a good work, is quite clean, nice presentation. You only need to work a bit more the highlights and shadows in each figure, and don´t stop painting.(y)

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  5. swralph A Fixture

very nicely painted(y)
  6. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Edorta and swralph.

Jeff
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work. For my taste I find this base to large for the figure.

Marc
    John Bowery likes this.
  8. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Marc.
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done and rich colours. I agree with marc or you could have added a tree stump/rock wall to fill the base out and give interest.
    Cheers
    John
  10. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, John. I might still do that.

Jeff