1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Games Workshop 28mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by iceman, Jan 5, 2007.

1. iceman Member

Here are some of my finished Games workhop figures. The bases on the Terminators are still to be done, but the painting's done.

Red Scorpion Command Squad Terminators

[IMG]

Imperial Guard. (left to right Senior Heroic Officer, Commisar and Company Standard Bearer)

[IMG]

I was persuaded to put The Commisar into The UK Gamesday Golden Demon and managed to get to the final 15 for the single figures in Warhammer 40,000, which was both nice and surpriing as I had only started painting this size of figures a few weeks before. (I have only been painting figures for a year in any case of any scale.)

The Chaplain is Forge World Commander Calln figure with a scracth built skull helmet, the kit supplied bare head and helmet are on the sergeant and terminator with storm bolter respectively. The sergeant has a scratch built scorpion sting power weapon. The sting comes from a child's plastic scorpion, thought it would work well, possibly a bit fluffy, but then that's the fun. The eyes of the Chaplain helmet are Grieff lenses as are all the targeters. The Cross Shoulder pads or Crux Terminators have Grief Lenses as jewels, again a bit fluffy but thought it would look good. In fairness they work better in real life as it's not easy to see the true effect with the pictures, in addition the pictures were taken from my club website and as such aren't great, perhaps I'll do some at home with better lighting and different angles.

Comments and critique good or bad always welcome.
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE, Tim (y) (y) !!!! Now get some groundwork on those Terminators ! " For The Emperor ! " Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  3. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Very well done!
  4. Opsofficer New Member

Nicely done flag, Tim!

You might consider drilling out the barrels on the weapons. (y)
  5. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    very good if they are the new sets they are good have you tried going to games workshop's games day for their golden daemon awards.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Incredible painting on such a small scale.
    Great work.

marc
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    great work Tim!
    christos
  8. Grizzly Member

Excellent work!!! love all of it especially the skull helmet on the chaplain terminator ??
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No idea how you paint that small, Tim. Glad you do though, they look great from where I'm sat! ;)
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice work on these little gems, occasionally, I also enjoy painting these cool little guys.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tim, nice work on the minis. With a little bit of work they can paint up really well.~Gary
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Time very nicely done! The standards are particularly nice.

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. iceman Member

Thanks guys.

As I said I've only got into these minis since October last year and I thourghly enjoy painting them, I also play with them as well, as I'm now hooked on the wargame side as well, although painting up an Imperial Guard army is quite a feat as there are so many.

I have a Space Marine army to build next and this should be quicker as there are less colours involved.

The Space Marines above are part of a doubles tournament, later this week. My colleague and I are taking 500 points of Imperial Guard and 500 points of Space Marines.

Mcsnead17

You may not have read the text accompanying the pictures, the Comissar was entered into the UK Gamesday last year and got through to the final 15 in it's class.

Opsofficer

I'll certainly look at drilling out the barrels of the assault cannons as they would look much better that way, thanks for the advise.
  14. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    sorry i did not read the paragraph under the pictures but i will .