1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Gallipoli pair,75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, May 26, 2013.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Tony,
    I,m basing the duo on the flickriver image above(from Mike).I will post some progress images soon.
    Andy
  2. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Some more progress so far.The webbing has been worked on at the back.Not a lot will be seen from the front as the carrier is leaning forward.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Aveleira likes this.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy, the pic is one of the iconic images of the ANZAC's at Gallipoli, and a really challgening subject to sculpt. Kudos to you for having a go at it.
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Tony,
    If only you said the same thing about my 90mm LightHorseman )).
    Andy
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think I prefer the horse and trooper bust to the Light-horseman (http://www.acmodels.co.nz/world-war-1/). This current pair are something special though.

Best wishes,

Mike
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Andy, certainly coming along, a couple of things . the loose webbing hanging at back of both figs looks a little overscale, and I dont think that in the original pic it is a water bottle on the wounded guy, the item is in shadow and is some sort of frame/webbing as you can see through it (study real carefully). will the figs be seperate or one casting??
    Cheers Les
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Here are some progress photos.The head of the carrier may look a little small until a hat is placed on his head.Most of the work is done ,with the bayonets and frog to make.
    comments welcome,
    Andy

Attached Files:

Aveleira likes this.
  9. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Andy, you may have missed my question previously, will this be a single casting (apart from the equipment) or two? And my comment on webbing straps, looking over scale? your thoughts? Still working on your 30.cal gunner' very slow work but may have some pics soon' if I can get flesh tones correct for Maori lad.
    Cheers Les
  10. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Andy

thats great - i like it .

I just think you should give the injured party the carbine in his hand, as if he does not want to let him go. Draped this extremely disturbing when you wear and he would long ago have thrown it away!

hendryk