1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gallipoli Dio Done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Sep 17, 2008.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Here is the finished item,well as in I think enough is done anyway.Acrlic paints used for finishing .The entire scene was made from Magicsculp except the weapons which are white metal and a few accesories.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andy, this scene turned out really nice. One thought I have, and don't take this the wrong way, it's meant as constructive and not destructive, but it has an overall look of too much of the same tone. That is to say, the figures seem to blend in with the background and the central focus, the figures themselves, seem a bit lost. I understand these fellows were victims of their environment, and they would have been the color of the earth before days end, but it just feels to me as if it needs a tad more contrast in the tones so that the figures can really stand out. Nice work over all!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work,lots of details!
    christos
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Andy

I find it a really good piece. As Jay mentioned one could talk about the "same tone" but I didn´t know how it look in flesh, because I have make the experience, that some of my figures looks quite different when I have a look on the photos on my computer and have a look at the figure in my cabinet.

If it would be a commerical piece I would order one

Ulrich
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very nice although I would use some different tone for the dirt and earth. All the colours look a bit too similar
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

Wow, great work mate. A nice relaxed pose, plenty of attention to details and a realistic environment. I understand the point Jay is making about the tonal qualities of the photos, but that's your style of painting. Some people like high contrast, some people prefer minimal contrast.

I'd like to see a few more close up pics of the details, such as the Vickers machine gun and the figures themselves.

Overall the sculpting is awesome and the painting is too. A great diorama. Well done Andy.
  7. specmod Active Member

Australia
    That is one awsome piece of work mate, love it.
    Keep up the good work.
    Cheers Andrew
  8. Mark S Guest

Andy,great result.
    Beautifully sculpted variety of textures,the earth walls,sand bags,timber etc. and the folds in the clothing are perfect IMO.
    Personally I like the similar tones throughout,not an easy thing to get right I think.
    Well done.
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Andy.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent, Andy!!! A stunner!!!

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work Andy, first class.
  12. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Hi Andy, this is a great diorama. I do not have a problem with the contrast, as when the pictures are opened to full size the figures look well defined. The amount and colour of dust looks realistic for the conditions and anything less I would see as un-realistic.

I also like the poses, extra details and the groundwork. This is a very nice piece of work mate, well done.

Chas
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    This one turned out very well Andy, great work on figures and groundwork.

David
  14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thank you All

Thanks for all your comments.Im happy with the final results.This was an experiment for a similar scene to be done in 75 or 90mm.
    Andy
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Andy you did a great job on this one.
    I like what you have done.
    Maybe next time some variation into the earthcolors......

Marc
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Andy,
    Stunning and great details.
    Cheers
    John