1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Galapagos-Miniatures Second Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ju-Won Jung, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Ju-Won Jung Active Member

Dear. Our customers
    I am glad to present our second character in our series, "Kazhatdram."
    The scale of this figure is 1:10 but since this creature is bigger than a humanbeing, you can expect that the product size is a bit bigger than the actual 1:10 bust(The measured height of this bust is 6.7")
    I am currently blowing a life in this creature with painting , and I will update the completely painted version as soon as it is done.
    Thank you for your interest.
    Best Regards,
    Ju-Won, Jung

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    First, he is ugly
    second : it's a bust
    But good work, even if not for me
    Best
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    This looks awesome,haven't done any fantasy busts
    but this could be my first .

Cheers David
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Must have it. And I know where I can get one :rolleyes:
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    After the furious start with the "Messenger" I am now a bit disappointed ...

Cheers
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I already have the 'Messenger',.. .. This is an unexpected twist!... I have studied it!.. and I still, do like it very much!... there is a huge amount to look at, with loads of possibilities.

Mark
  7. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ok!...' Smarty Pants',... where ???:LOL:

However, Celine will have in stock 'Toot-Sweet', @ el Greco .. so I need not worry!

Mark
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A must have for me.......ASAP

Ron
  9. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Kind of neat, but I'm not crazy about the cleanly broken/cut off horn onthe left side of the helm. Certainly lots of creativity could be shown in the painting.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Wow this is certainly different from the Messenger release ...looks one where the painters can go wild with different effect ...

From the pictures not sure also about the left horn but I am sure it could be easily reworked if you want .

Looking forward to seeing the painting of this one .

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Or Steve from SK-Miniatures or ....
  12. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    I think this is a wonderful piece of work. Incredible sculpting and full of potential painting-wise.

Alex.
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Lotsa great details to work with here, keep you occupied for hours!! I like it
    Ben
  14. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

15. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Superb! Great sculpting, the broken horn can easily be "repaired" if required, I think he's very good with some great detail.
    Cheers
    Jim
  16. Jazz A Fixture

England
    A nice little piece this. I think the horn would look better repaired but that's my only quibble. Looking forward to seeing lots of painted versions of this.
  17. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    I am going to be the most frank I can be: Fantasy is not my genre - but, and here's the important "but", even if it is not what I enjoy, I perfectly recognize this bust is one of the most fantastic sculpts I've seen. Fans of the fantastic are most certainly thrilled with this masterpiece!

If I could make a request, and I'll say this publicly, Jung Ju-Won is one of the most talented persons in this industry, and for me, the hair in his sculpts is one step ahead - allow me to say - This is a praise for an extraordinary talented person who brings life like hair in a miniature better than other top sculptors!

If you could use all your talent to tackle in future releases the XXI century military subjects that would be awesome (to me at least!)! I don't know how to say this - but in so many dozens of releases this century we live on is being severely forgotten!

Just a brief suggestion :) just a mere suggestion - until now, congratulations for this amazing fantasy creation!
    Wheels likes this.
  18. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Galapagos are shipping my order this week - expecting to have them for sale at Euro!
    Steve
  19. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Was talking with Davie Mitchell about this last week and we both agree it's a cracking piece. What I like about it is the anthropomorphic nature of the face. Many Orc type faces are too extreme for my taste and indeed for my ability to paint in a convincingly fantastical style, the humanoid nature of this face allows for a fairly regular painting interpretation.
    Looking forward to seeing it at Euro.
    Cheers
    Derek
  20. JEF Member

EXCELLENT!!!