1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

G’day from Karratha, Western Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Tony K, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Tony K New Member

G’day all and thank you for approving my application to join PF.

My name is Anthony Kuilboer but I generally go by Tony. I currently live in Karratha, Western Australia. Previously I lived in Brisbane and used to catch up with the fine folks at the Queensland Figure Modellers.

I’m normally an armour builder however over the last few years I’ve started dabbling in modelling figures. One day I’m hoping to combine both to be able to make some dioramas. I don’t have a favourite scale. I’ve got figures from 1/35 through to 1/9 scale busts and 200mm.

Now, when it comes to my painting, I’m colourblind so I generally paint by numbers. I have been lucky to have great figure modellers like Mike Murdoch help me out with paint call outs which is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, being colourblind, it still makes it hard to do shading etc.

I’m thick skinned so any advice or criticism is always welcome, I’ll let you know pretty quick if I’m offended .

Anyway, I’m really enjoying looking through the forums and seeing the great figures that have been created. I’ve added some pics of some figures I’ve been working on.

Regards

Tony 96CDC007-A9BA-4FA6-90FF-6C63228FC9C5.jpeg A87BFF32-9F8F-40D3-A8B0-CB7F8DB98B19.jpeg D9C70F7C-5DC2-4D9F-9C9E-28E0AFC45987.jpeg
    Airkid, oldtrousers, Nap and 2 others like this.
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Welcome on board Tony.
    As a Downunder modeller I know how important it is to stay in touch with other modellers, virtually or otherwise.
    PlanetFigure is essential viewing for me & trust you find a welcome space here to share your passion with.
    Main thing is to enjoy your projects, looks like you’re well on your way here with the figures above.
    MikeTheKiwi
    Nap and Tony K like this.
  3. Tony K New Member

cheers Mike.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome
    Tony K likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Tony

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

Nice to see your figures , you like camo ....me I only paint busts ...no legs for me ...LOL !!

PF is for all figures with or without additions like planes/AFV etc

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know...feel free to message me with questions

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but do contact me always happy to help

We have a Marketplace where after members have contributed 50+ posts can use to sell , request if anyone has a model to sell etc

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  6. Tony K New Member

Thanks Nap. I look forward to rummaging through the forums and checking out what everyone has and is building.
    Nap likes this.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Tony.
    Steve
    Tony K and Nap like this.
  8. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Hi Tony, and welcome to Planet Figure, the best military miniatures site on the web. We're happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Rick
  9. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Welcome to the Planet Tony. As said, the natives on here are a friendly bunch and you will find much to enthuse you as you get to know the site and membership.

Phil
  10. Dejan Member

Australia
    Welcome mate from Melbourne ;)
    Tony K likes this.