1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Future Ospprey releases

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by garyjd, May 4, 2004.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I was looking at the future release section and stumbled on a couple "must haves" for the library. The first is one you can't do without if you love French & Indian war subjects. I suggested this title to Osprey over a year ago along with the very same author/artist. This is going to be a great book. His illustrations are great.

Osprey Warrior Series #85
    American Colonial Ranger
    1724-65
    By Gary Zaboly
    Release August 25, 2004

The second is another that I know at least a few of you will be interested in.

German Armies 1870-71 (1)
    By Michael Solk & Darko Pavlovic
    Release August 25,2004
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Yamahama! Wish I'd had that a couple of years ago. I'll be gettin' that. I've been toying with scratchbuilding a RR officer.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Gary Zaboly has been doing historical illustration/art for some time now, it's a shame his stuff is not as well known as the likes of Troiani or Rocco. He has done a lot of Alamo related stuff for the historical site and publications. I hope this book nets him more work.~Gary
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Gary, I remember a book advertised in one of the history magazines about the F&I period. The sketch for the book cover looks like it could be the same guy who did the art for this Osprey. I'm sure you're familiar with the book, I wish I could remember the title.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Is this the book you're talking about?~Gary
  6. John Long Active Member

United-States
    (y) Tha's it. I guess you have it?
  7. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, Great suggestion on the RR title. I can't wait to see it.

Happy Trails, Terry Martin
  8. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    And John, By all means take a shot at a RR Officer! Your 2 figure vignette of Rogers Rangers was awesome. One of my personal favorites from our 2004 Atlanta Show.

Best of Everything, Terry Martin

PS, Would you provide ISBN# for the book you mentioned on Robert Rogers Diary. I would love to have a copy of it.
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Terry, Here it is.~Gary

ISBN 1-930098-20-0