1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Fusiliers of the Soissonois regiment 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jul 2, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello planeteers , these two Fusiliers are the latest on my workbench.
    Continuing with my Yorktown diorama , i am planning to add 4 more fusiliers marching in addition to these 2 and the flagbearer , officer and drummer.
    the pictures with the image of the paints is what i have used for the mixing base on the white, which i used the base from the Andrea white set ,added a dab of japanese uniform and a dab o black.
    For the crimson i've use vallejo game Gory red , dab of andrea basic red , a dab of Vallejo Sunset rose and a little dab of Windsor & Newton acrylic Alizarin crimson, which gives a bright shade to the base color.
    Hope you guys like.
    Cheers DSC03386.JPG DSC03387.JPG DSC03388.JPG DSC03389.JPG DSC03384.JPG DSC03385.JPG
    housecarl and billyturnip like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Man, they just keep coming!!!!
    Is this the base mix you always use for the uniform white? It's almost got a yellow base to it.

CJ
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    colin, it is a creamy kakhi white , but i have basecoated several figs using the Andrea white system base with a little bit of Japanese and black.
    Not really too far from the base color but definitively stronger.
    :)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    that is a really nice mix , i believe is very similar to the mix i've used.
    I think i will order the ocher from Andrea , cause i have yellow ochre and don't know if it is the same.
    Thanks Eduardo!
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Daniel a great start and looking forward to seeing the regiment come together. (y)

Cheers Ken
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Ken , i will post progress pics in a couple days.
    Best regards