1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Furashka Quiz

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    1. Sort the Furashkas shown in the photos chronologically - from old to new ...:

A:

[IMG]

B:

[IMG]

C:

[IMG]

D:

[IMG]

E:

[IMG]

F:

[IMG]

G:

[IMG]

H:

[IMG]

I:

[IMG]

J:

[IMG]

K:

[IMG]

2. Which hat is / was worn by which uniformed unit?

I wish you success!

Cheers
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Heavens ...this is not easy !

Need to think ...a lot !

Nap
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    These are the ones from the time of the tsars

D is the oldest: Crimean War 1854/55 officer's hat

H is a marine infantry hat from 1890

B Is a soldier's hat M 1910, which was also worn in WW1.

Then come the Soviets:

J is a cap of the early Red Army 1922 to 1934 (still with the "hammer and plow symbol."

G is a commander's hat (officer's hat) of the infantry before 1943
    After 1943 the visor changed and got a bulge at the front so that rain could not run into the wearer's face)

[IMG]

K is the hat of a Soviet marshal after 1943 - the one shown belonged to Stalin, he wore it in Potsdam.

C is the cap of a simple Red Army soldier of the infantry from the 80s.

And the new ones from the Russian Federation:

F is a new style officer's cap, introduced in the 1990s, the red star is now gold and the double-headed eagle emblazoned on top

E is a cap for the police and the judiciary (prison guards), they have a blue-white-red cockade without a star

I is a service cap of the Kremlin Guard (which was reintroduced on December 22, 2000 under Putin)

A is the newest one, the service cap of a register Cossack of the Russian Federation. This "register" was reintroduced under Putin on December 5, 2005 - these register Cossacks are a kind of auxiliary police and can be identified by their blue and white cockade

Cheers
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Good quiz Martin. I only picked up on it today. I might have guessed a couple correctly, no more.
    I've got one a bit like "G" in the loft somewhere - don't think it's original. I got it from a militaria dealer in Ukraine some years ago.