1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP From the beginning

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I got during an exhibiton this photo

15801616186_5c8f497c0d_o.jpg

And because I had an crazy idea all other started figures (not the flat ones) went back in the Grey army
    I had those two figures

54017.jpg 54022-viezefeldwebel-f.jpg

and I want to build a part of the wooden tank as a wedgie. So the proud guy can present his work to his "master" . But .... The second idea is to put all wooden parts, two wheels and and and on a big mound, the poor guy in front of this and his master next to a fence with a big photo of the wooden tank, which he had to build.

At the Moment I can´t decide what idea is the best.

As I compare the seize of the wooden tank and a normal Mark I I found a problem. The german tank is nearly 3,50 or 3,60 m high, the Mark I only roundabout 2,40 m

So what to do? Show the "big" german tank and the proud guy or show the poor guy with many, many parts?

Your choice?
    Scotty likes this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Do the wedgie, it is a brilliant idea.
  3. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Which idea makes you smile the most, pick that one.

regards zane
  4. Anzac1915 Member

Australia
    Love the many many parts idea. The figure in fatigues has the right .."you want me to build what??" expression on his face.
    Please keep us posted

Regards
    Greg
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The tank, was it constructed for infantry training?

Found another one online - Mouzon (Ardennes) after the war, a tank that was used for the training of the cadets of the Artillery Academy installed in the old Nunnery Des Capucins by the Germans"

wooden~tank~ww1.jpg

-Rich
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    My choice is...

[quote="Ulrich, post: 698082, member: 3259"
    The second idea is to put all wooden parts, two wheels and and and on a big mound, the poor guy in front of this and his master next to a fence with a big photo of the wooden tank, which he had to build.
    [/quote]

Roger.
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Tank.jpg

Here is another one.

Rich: Yes, it was used for infantry anti-tank-Training. There exist photos from wooden german tanks too, but that tanks were used to fake something for aerial reconnaissance
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    BTW. At the Moment I think I will do both scenes. One with one soldiers, many parts and a picture of an english tank. And one with the wedgie and the two soldiers. So I can paint the mechanic in two ways. One with a "Drillich" trouser and one with a normal uniform
    captnenglish likes this.
  9. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    How about a 2 sided vignette with a wall down the middle with a before and after scene, maybe one autumn/fall and one winter,one starting and one finished.:D

Zane
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Zane: I was thinking about the same, but must find a solution how to separate both parts. So we will see ;)
    captnenglish and zane666 like this.
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great idea Ulrich! Will enjoy seeing you bring this together!

All the best,
    Dan
  12. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Dan: Thanks

Hi. First I wanted to finish my flats but as you can see I had made something different. I start with some wood parts to see how it works. But now I must do the canon-box and had some problems. But I think I find a solution.

Attached Files:

13. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Amazing start Ulrich.
    A super project.
    Good luck.
    Keith
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    You are using paper or light card stock to build the flat tank surfaces, right? Or is it really thin polystyrene plastic?

All the best,
    Dan
  15. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks.

Dan: It is polystyrene plastic in various thicknesses
  16. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    The most things at the tank are done. Now I had to "clean" it and make that part at the front of the tank

IMGP0044.JPG IMGP0045.JPG IMGP0046.JPG IMGP0048.JPG
  17. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I would vote wedgie...just because I'm childish ;)
  18. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This looks like a good project, I'll be following with interest.
  19. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ulrich nice work on the wedgie, looking forward to seeing how this develops. (y)

Cheers Ken
  20. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    coming along nicely.

regards Zane