1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Friends Under Fire !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Mar 22, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys Here's the basic figures done for my next vignette.I modified the time period slightly by back-dating the scene to the late 17th centuary,during the "Beaver Wars" period. The scene will depict 2 Mohawks trying to save another Mohawk after being ambushed by natives friendly to the French.The groundwork for the scene will be along the lines of a slope,hence the odd position of the wounded man.I hope to apply full-body warpaint on all 3 figures. The figures will be armed with matchlock muskets,which I hope to scratch-build next.Gentlemen,your comments,please.Thanks and cheers.
    Kenneth

[IMG]
    The original painting.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

They are looking really nice my friend! I like the textures for the breech cloth, a nice touch, however, are they supposed to be whool or fur? They look more like a fur now, but if you want to show more of a whool texture, all you need to do is rub it a while with scotch brite or with steel whool.

Are those priser mannequins?

Keep up the great work!
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    They look great Kenneth...........keep up the super work!!
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,Guy,thank you very much for your positive comments;I really appreciate them :lol:
    Yes,Anders,those are indeed Preiser mannequins;I figured they were perfect for this project as their musculature is excellent to say the least ! Thanks for the tip on the steel-wool,Anders,I'll definitely try it out.The drawing that I copied the breech cloth from looked like a fur texture,but now on second thoughts,it looks for like animal hide to me now,so maybe some smoothing is in order.
    Anyhow,I plan to work on the matchlock muskets next,followed by the groundwork,so more pictures will be posted soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  5. y_wong New Member

Hey kenneth, great topic for a vignette. Looking forward to your work. One suggestion if you don't mind, maybe the mohawk should be less muscular.

regards
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Wong Yau;I'll try to "starve" the figures a bit Anyhow,tonight is on,right ? Cheers.
    Kenneth
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,
    Your work is outstanding, extreemly well done.
    Can't wait to see the finished product.

Keep up the good work.

Roc (y) (y)
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Roc :lol: Thanks very much for your encouraging comments,I really appreciate it ! Here's some more pictures of the Mohawks with their scratch-built matchlock muskets.What do you guys think of it ;) All comments will be greatly appreciated.Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Kenneth, excellent work on the headress, looks very intricate (y) The only thing I would say is the muskets look a bit bulky, are they in scale with the figures ?
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Leigh,thanks for the positive comment;I really appreciate it :lol: As for the muskets,yes,they are in scale;they're supposed to represent English Civil War bastard muskets,which were pretty bulky in design and made for the larger European physique.Thanks for pointing it out though.Cheers.

(Gee,I sure miss those other "more expressive" emoticons ! Gordy,when will they be back :( ?)
  11. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Kenneth, the figs are nicely done!

i noticed the same as Leigh, a bit big the muskets but now i understand.

did you started to paint them?
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the comment,Daniel :) ;no,I haven't had a chance to yet(just finished mounting the figures to the temporary painting bases and have to let everything settle first).I hope to start painting them sometime this weekend.Will post more then.Thanks and cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,
    The Indian is fantastic, and the musket looks very authentic.
    Thanks for posting the pictures,much appreciated.

Roc. (y) (y)
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Roc :lol: I'll keep you posted as I go along.Cheers !
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work Kenneth, I really like what you do with the head-dresses to make them so light and free looking (y)
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Dinesh,Gordy,thank you very much for the encouraging remarks :lol: ;I really appreciate them.
    Dinesh,I hope to get some painting done this weekend;will update you on the progress of the vignette.BTW,my 4.5" round flat top base just came in today from Colorado Miniatures(thank you,Gray (y) ) I can now start on conceptualising the groundwork while the paint dries.Cheers !