1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Friedrich Wilhelm of Brunswick 1809

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by blabsy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    this is a slight re-hash of the "Black Duke" I did a couple of years back,as I still own the master and in my keeping,see photo's, I have a few images of Friedrich Wilhelm wearing the Hussar shako adorned lions heads as pivot point for the chin scales, set on his head at a jaunty angle, so this is what I came up witho_O
    Hope you like the alternative interpretation of mine.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2362.JPG CIMG2363.JPG CIMG2365.JPG CIMG2373.JPG CIMG2609.JPG CIMG2610.JPG CIMG2611.JPG CIMG2612.JPG CIMG2613.JPG CIMG2614.JPG CIMG2615.JPG CIMG2617.JPG CIMG2618.JPG CIMG2619.JPG CIMG2620.JPG
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com
    Centaur, theBaron, Edorta and 4 others like this.
  2. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    I like your piece, and your versions of the bust, very nice.. I have in the Cramer Museum a porcelain vase (46cm) from the Hannover sale which has a painting of the "Black Duke" on it. The headgear on the vase is different than the shako. Perhaps it may inspire you for a 3rd version. The vase is one of a set of 2 the other vase is painted with a portrait of Duke Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand of Brunswick the Black Dukes father. Both were killed in the Napoleonic wars.

Attached Files:

3. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike,
    I have down loaded your image ,tempting....if I did another, people would start to think I was wackoo_O
    To me this time in history was enthralling,"my thing" is Napoleonic Germany,for many nobles one minute Duke of the duchy next out on your ear hiding in exile,this man was wild with anger,a German noble un-seated by Napoleon,father perished at the battle of Jena,brother died young,I need not go on,his ultimate statement of the day was the black uniform for his newly raised troops,funded by Austria and the British,but he was defiant had kahunas and perished foolishly trying to steady his troops who were mostly young conscripts and under heavy fire at Quatre Brass.
    Thanks' for posting and the image..
    Best Regards
    Paul
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I don't even paint Napoleonics and I wish this was going to be a commercial piece!(y)
  5. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Paul ,

Really like the addition of the shako and the neckcloth ..come on lets see one painted up ..you know you want to !!!!

Nap
  6. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Matthew and Kevin, and thanks(y)
    To answer your question Matthew,
    it will be available as a commercial piece,available through my web site shop,at present this master is with Mark at Sovereign 2000 Miniatures,should have my first glimpse of it early next week.
    I have been able to do this because I never sold the original "Black Duke" to John at Hawk Miniatures,its been on loan to him since 2010,at the time I had little faith in my own work,and wanted see how my sculpting would stand upo_O
    As you can see I still have the original master at home with me, see photo of the two versions,it will be interesting too see if this one here is liked more than its predecessor? I'm happy with both,its little bit of evolution;)
    Painting it,I'll post the pictures here.
    Many thanks for looking and for posting.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  7. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Paul,
    A very nice adjustment to the original bust. It makes a big difference, I like it a great deal. Unfortunately I won't be at Welling this year so I'm going to miss seeing your recent work. I'll have to wait until Gravesham, or Euro, unless we can persuade you to go to Figure World:)
  8. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Robert,
    glad you like the changes,not too sure myself about Welling.....may even be Euro its all a bit up in the air.
    All the same it will be nice to catch up(y)
    Best Regards
    Paul
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Paul a great job on the shako and a nice conversion. (y)

Cheers Ken
  10. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  11. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    as I had said in an earlier post I was waiting on a some castings of this so I could start to paint,so here are some pictures of the naked casting before I mess it up with paint.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2627.JPG CIMG2628.JPG CIMG2629.JPG CIMG2630.JPG CIMG2631.JPG
    dArtagnan and mil-mart like this.
  12. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    HI Paul, can you PM me when they are available............cheers mate....Keith
  13. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  14. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    just been adding some paint,well black paint to him,the Brunswick's were not renowned for being too colourful o_O
    I've used Humbrols and Artist oils and matt varnish.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2632.JPG CIMG2633.JPG CIMG2634.JPG CIMG2635.JPG CIMG2636.JPG CIMG2637.JPG CIMG2640.JPG CIMG2641.JPG CIMG2642.JPG CIMG2643.JPG CIMG2644.JPG CIMG2646.JPG CIMG2647.JPG CIMG2648.JPG CIMG2649.JPG CIMG2649.JPG CIMG2650.JPG CIMG2651.JPG CIMG2652.JPG CIMG2654.JPG CIMG2653.JPG CIMG2655.JPG CIMG2657.JPG CIMG2658.JPG CIMG2659.JPG
    Centaur likes this.
  15. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Paul

please also send me an PM, if they will be available .

Cheers

Hendryk
  16. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Paul,
    I like it a lot! I wish I had more time to paint as well as sculpt, hey ho!!
    all the best with it if it goes commercial,
    cheers,
    Steve
  18. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Steve this is going to be the box art when I finish it.

I was not able to up load all the pictures from yesterday, your only able to load 25 at a time.
    I know that some of the shots are well crap, sorry but I did have the camera bust and a brush in my hand,one in my mouth, who said us bloke's can't multi task(y)
    As always thanks for looking.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2687.JPG CIMG2688.JPG CIMG2689.JPG CIMG2691.JPG CIMG2692.JPG
    Centaur likes this.
  19. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    at last final images of this I hope you like him in colour.
    And also its available though my web site shop.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2702.JPG CIMG2703.JPG CIMG2704.JPG CIMG2707.JPG CIMG2706.JPG
    Centaur likes this.