1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Soldiers WW I

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi everybody

Here the first pics from my new projects. This are two 54mm figures from Jon Smith.
    Both are not ready and the pictures were shot without an tripod and good illumination

Painting is in oil. There are some things to do, but perhaps you will have some comments or hints

Ulrich

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ulrich,

The colors are spot on. Maybe some more highlighting and shading will do no harm.
    Your oilpaint is shiney. I paint in oils to. Sometimes when i need to use terpentine i also have shiny colors. Some people have no shine with terpentine. I always have, therefore i use no turp's anymore.

So if anybody can give advice on that, your welcome.

Marc
  3. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Ulrich
    I have a great admiration for Jon Smith figures and you have done a fine paint-job on these two. I know that oil paint gives a richness to a figure that might not be appropriate for WW1. But I like them.
    Pete
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks a lot. I have a problem with the "shiny" oilpaints only when I make the pictures. I think it is a problem with my camera and the illumination. For the next time I will try to make better photos

I use lemon terpentin and when I use the oilpaint as a glaze there is in normal case no gloss.

On the figures are more shades and lights as you can see on the photos, but I have my problems with "extreme" highlights and shades

Ulrich