1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Officer Orleans Cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Rafael,mi amigo, muchas gracias, it is always great hearing from you.(y)

Keep up the good work.

Ciao

Roc. :)
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my friend,that's an AWESOME piece of painting there !! WELL DONE ! BTW,it was good to "see" you in the MFCA photo too. Now I'll know who you are when I finally get to meet you in person in Boston during the World Expo. Cheers!
    Kenneth.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my friend, thank you, your words are always encouraging.
    I look forward to seeing and chatting with you at the World Expo; it will be a real pleasure.

Keep up the great sculpting. ;)
    Cheers
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Roc,

When i am painting i mostly listen to blues music such as Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, Jimmy Hendrikx, ZZ Top, Garry Moore, Eric Clapton, Puppa Chubby.
    When i am in a mellow mood i listen to The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Dire Straits, The Who, The Doors, Mark Knoppler.
    When i am leasy, i listen to soulmusic from my childhood :lol: such as The Sound of Philadelphia with Billy Paul, The Tree Degrees, and Tamla Motown Music such as Temptations, The Supremes, Jr Walker and The All Stars, and more soul man, for instance James Brown, Curtis Mayfield.

You see a different taste what can vary with the mood.
    But mostly i paint with blues music that is for me the only music that can keep me the paint where i wanted it. :lol:

Marc
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys, the flag is almost finished, still needs a little more work.
    Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, this is the best I could do.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]-

Cheers
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Roc...........I look forard to seeing it all together
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, it's finally almost finished , should be crossing the finish line very soon.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  8. nagashino New Member

Hi Roc

Coming along very nicely! Like Guy, I'm waiting for the final unveiling!

Cheers

Phil
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guys, I just started the ground work.
    This is the material that I will be using.

Das Pronto is an Italian modelling material which works well for making ground work.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tme permitting I will post some pictures of the finished ground work tomorrow.

Cheers

10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    The ground work is almost finished, still needs vegetation and several washes Raw umber to tie everything together.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

1 - secured the horse with its metal base to the wooden base with two srews one on each side.
    2- I gave the base a thin coat of Elmores glue.
    3- applied Das Pronto modeling clay.
    4- applied several mixtures of sand and gravel:
    A- used a mixture of sand ,black pepper , dried tea leaves for the dirt.
    B- Kiddy Litter for small stones and pebbles and little stones from my garden.
    C- The tree branch is a piece or root found in my garden.
    D- for some of the vegetation I cut off some fur from my cat ( kiddy is still angry)
    5- After completely dry I started the painting process:
    A- Painted the entire groundwork with a mixture of burnt umber + black.
    B- first highlight Burnt Umber, second highlight tan with a bit of burnt umber, third highlight tan,
    Fourth highlight tan + white. I used apple barrel and folk art acrylics.
    6- Tree branch - I pinned the tree branch down and under the horses hoof in order to help support the weight of the model
    A- gave the branch thin washes of Burnt umber + black.
    B- dry brushed charcoal gray.
    C - first highlight tan, second highlight, tan with white mixed into it.

Cheers
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Roc.............good idea on supporting the front hoof. I had to do the same with the trumpeter as these horses were prone to metal fatigue. Now we know why your kitty suffers from "mange" .........glad you are not doing several large scenes..........poor kitty would look pretty sad :lol: :lol:
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, thanks and I really enjoyed our little chat last night.

My wife keeps on asking me how come the cat is loosing hair and wants me to take it to the vet, if she only knew..... :lol: :lol:
    Cheers
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Give the poor kitty a complex.........then take it to a pet Therapist.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. nagashino New Member

Looking very nice Roc!

Some innovative ideas for groundwork, my friend. Maybe I can catch my neighbour's cat when he's dumping in my flower beds....hmmm :lol:

And black pepper in the ground litter? That's different!

Best regards

Phil
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, you might be right, kitty hasen't been pussy footing around lately, as a matter of fact, I think she she is in hiding.

Can you recomend a good thearapist? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Roc
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Phil ,thanks, still working on it, adding some finishing touches.

As you know, We as modelers are always experimenting with new methods and materials, always trying to obtain the perfect texture for ground work, that's what makes this hobby of ours so enjoyable.

Be careful when trying to abduct your neighbor's kitty, it may mot be declawed.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Roc
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sometimes I think animals would of been easier to work with than some of the people I had as clients :lol: :lol:
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roc, my friend , thats awesome work you're doing. Keep them coming. Hope to see you soon

Stephen Mallia
  19. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Roc-

Just wonderful pic of the horse and the in process ground work.

In regards, to the ground work putty, can you compare it to the milliput? Milliput dries too fast for me. How long does this stuff take to fully dry?

Keith
  20. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen, thanks, and we will meet very soon, the expo is less than 6 weeks away.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers