1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Officer-Champigny 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words John, VERY much appreciated. But I think I'll stick to building originals and using commercialy available heads and weapons. I feel I need ALOT more practice on sculpting basic stuff like folds and proportions. I think building a figure for production would be twice as hard than a "one of". Besides, sculpting heads and weapons is a whole different ball game. Perhaps in a few years time ;) . For now I want to have fun and keep practicing.

Thanks again,

Jason
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks again Johan

When sculpting folds I sometimes find myself concentrating on making the folds more paintbrush friendly instead of seeing the dynamics of the folds. I'm constantly using pictures of actual people in uniform as reference but saying to myself "that wouldn't look right for this scale".

Oh, well. Hopefully I'll find a niche. For now practice, practice, practice...and more practice.

Thanks again,

Jason
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Me too!

Thanks Gary

Jason
  4. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    HI Jason

Just a case of explaining what you do, on each image, I will then add the text to the image no worries.

You can email me the text if you want.

Robin
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Wise words Jason, if you are having fun with your sculpting now keep it going. this means that your talent will grow and grow and in a couple of years we can all look forward to seeing those figures that you sculpt on the market place for us all to paint up (y)
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium

...Let's hope so (y)
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    thirded

robin