1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Officer 57th regt Austerlitz. Part: The Last

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elanlane13, May 24, 2020.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Here's an update on the French Officer of the 57th Regiment at Austerlitz.
    75mm; sculpted in Bees Putty/Molten Clay, Sylmasta Magic Sculp and wire.
    My thanks to Paul Dobson for his help on uniform details and unit history.
    IMG_20200523_095128 (002).jpg IMG_20200523_095243 (002).jpg IMG_20200523_095153 (002).jpg IMG_20200523_095216 (002).jpg French Officer.jpg
    peedee, 1969, oldtrousers and 14 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's looking very good Rob.
  3. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    As Bob wrote .

Nice subject.
  4. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    He's looking good there Rob, nice one(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  5. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice one, Rob. The regimental numbers on the coat-tail turn-backs are unusual. Is that something that was peculiar to the 57th? Don't think that I've seen it anywhere else.
  6. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you for the feedback.

Richard I hadn't seen this either, but the re-enactor in the photo has them. At first I thought he was representing the 5th line, but they seem to have had an undistinguished service. I spoke to Paul Dobson (Pee-Dee) who did some research and felt it must be the 57th who had a far more noted history.
    Nap likes this.
  7. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks, Rob, an interesting departure from the uniform regulations.

R
  8. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Rob

That's come out really well , great character in the face and I like the pose of him

Interesting about the numbers ..not seen it before so good on Peedee be interesting to hear his thoughts

Hope we will see a painted version once cast

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
  9. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I, too, had never seen turnback regimental numbers before....might have been something this particular officer had stitched on. Stop anyone else nicking his coat, anyway,:LOL:

I really like the way this is developing, Rob....very much looking forward to it.

Alan
    Nap likes this.
  10. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    I support PD's conclusions re the 57th regiment. The 5th weren't at Austerlitz, in fact the only major battles that they seem to have been at were Wagram and Vittoria, plus the Waterloo campaign, which is pretty unusual given the number of major engagements in the Napoleonic Wars and manpower shortages in the later years.
  11. Cannonball A Fixture

This has come on great guns Rob. Great pose adding that extra bit of interest.

Neal
  12. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you for the further feedback.