1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Officer (4th Dragoons, 1812) - 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kisifer, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello all fellow PF members.
    Finally I finished my Dragoon. As stated in the topic it's at 54mm from Andrea. A rather old kit. I really had fun finishing it, and personally I think it's one of my best works.
    Your comments and critics are more than welcome.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Xenofan, very nice, I like the subject matter.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice work. You did a great job on him. I especially like the groundwork because every other time I've seen this guy, he's in an indoor setting. Putting him outdoors really sets him off. One question (well, actually 2 questions)-did you use oils or acrylics? If acrylics, what colors did you use for the tabletop? I just started painting a cowboy figure (Andrea's Tom Doniphon) & he's standing on a saloon floor that should be about the same color as your table.

Mike
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, Xenofon! It's refreshing to see a casual setting for a soldier so colorful.
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your comments Roc. They are always encouraging and welcome.

Mike I paint exclusively in oils but still if you want the method that i painted the table here it is: Undercoating with humbrol (119 or 117 can't really remember, it's a light brown color), and then washes with Burnt Umber and Raw umber. Finally dry brushing with light mix of raw umber and white.

Jason, thanks a lot for your comments :)

Xenofon
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xenofon,

I echo the others. Nice painting, and some unusual setting. But that make's it outstanding.

Marc
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Pretty nice work my good friend. And ure not only getting better inpainting but in photography also !!!!!!!! Waiting for the next one
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Xenofon. Each figure you do gets better and better
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Marc I really appreciate your encouraging words.

My good friend Costas, thanks a lot for you comments.

Big thanks Guy, your compliments make me try harder each time.

Xenofon
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Marc I really appreciate your encouraging words.

My good friend Costas, thanks a lot for you comments.

Big thanks Guy, your compliments make me try harder each time.

Xenofon
  11. THANOS Member

Greece
    POLY KALH DOYLEIA. NOMIZO ME AKRYLIKA XROMATA TO APOTELESMA THA SE IKANOPOIOYSE PERISSOTERO.
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Euxaristw file Thano kai kalws irthes sthn parea mas. Thelw na mathw na vafw prwta kala me ladia, kai meta isws dokimasw kai ta akrylika.
    Exoume kairo akoma :)

Xenofon