1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP French Line Infantry NCO 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 23, 2015.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    75mm from Ellie's Miniatures.

This is one of my Sword & Lance purchases. I took it to sea with me to assemble and prepare, the rifle and base have been left off for ease of painting.

I got home yesterday so work has begun.

IMG_1860.JPG
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Welcome back and a good start. Another round one????
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ulrich, yes another round one. I've also got flats in progress too. :D
  4. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Hi Roger,
    Nice project!
    Pascal
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Pascal, thank you very much. :)
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice start mate, you are getting used to the round things now I see well done mate. Have to say he looks like he's doing a dance at the moment. but he turns into a good figure but then again I would say that lol.

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Ian, I'm enjoying it mate. (y)
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The face is superb but he looks as if he's doing the sand dance. ;)
    This looks to be a great figure, nice start.
    Bob
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Bob.

[quote="Viking Bob, post: 738296, member: 10206" he looks as if he's doing the sand dance. ;)
    [/quote]

Quite appropriate really as iirc the illustration this piece is based on is of a Foreign Legionnaire. :D
    Viking Bob likes this.
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Good start Roger... I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out... I'm a big fan of Ellie's line of FPW figgies.

Get on wif it!!!

Colin
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Colin. Do you have this in your stash? It's a lovely figure and you won't have too long to wait for a further update. ;)
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Further progress, the face has been painted with acrylics and the highest lights and deepest shadows were done with Titanium White and Burnt Umber oils.

IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG
  13. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rodger looking good but just a small tip the tent polls fit a little bit lower down the back Pack. not that it looks wrong but on the original you will see that it fits a little lower on the kit. have a look on the website and you will see mate. hope you did not mind me saying. just going on the master and some drawings and photo. I have put the photos here for you to look at. cheers mate

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com

Attached Files:

14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ian, no of course I don't mind, thank you. To be honest I was using this illustration as reference when I attached the poles. As you can see they are quite high up.
    I might just leave them as they are glued and primed.
    Hopefully we won't become subjects of a 10 page thread about who's right and who's not. :D

lgionnaire1.gif
    ChaosCossack and Viking Bob like this.
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    LOL !!! I know your right the painting does have them High up it just looked different that does not mean it's not right. we just have it lower on the master. what ever it looks great mate I managed an answer on two lines lol.

cheers mate

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  16. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    You've done quite a bit Roger, very impressive painting.

Bob
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I suppose it depends how fast you stowed your tent poles when the Prussians were coming. :D
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Bob.
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh yes it will :D
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

No more painting for me today then... I'm off to compile my tent pole treatise. :whistle:
    Richie and ChaosCossack like this.