1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed French Knight XIVth century - Romeo 75mm

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Marco22, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    hi !

after my Russian XIV th century horseman, I had a go at this Knight produced by Romeo models
    ( sculture by Gianni la Rocca )
    I scratched the shield as i did not like the one in the box.
    I covered it with a very thin coat of magic sculp.
    The fallen flag was also scratched, as I wanted te create a "post battle" atmosphere.

I am just unhappy with the diameter of the sword chains provided in the kit, as I found them too large (if anyone knows where to find smaller ones ? :sneaky: )

altough Romeo decribes the knight as being french (Angevin Knight) all the leather protections gives it a little "italian " XIV th century look
    As always , painted with oils only; I must admit I had to practice before managing to get the hang of the many "fleurs de lys" :wacky:

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

hope you like it
    all comments welcome
    thanks for your interest
    Marc
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely.(y)
    Those fleur de lys must have driven you made.
    Marco22 likes this.
  3. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Very beautiful, Marc. The efforts you have put in the heraldry really pay off.

One remark on the chains: I wonder if these were not a severe hindrance during fighting.

J;)han
    Marco22 likes this.
  4. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Like your work Marc, (y).

How did you do your steel parts, mail, sword and helmet ect :unsure:
    Marco22 likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    amazing paintwork,

Marc
    Marco22 likes this.
  6. Agesilaus Active Member

France
    Superbe réalisation, comme déjà dit sur un autre forum (y)
    Marco22 likes this.
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Really nice work. I need new reading glasses...the thumbnail looked like Captain America :-0

Colin
    Marco22 likes this.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Marc, that is some of the most detailed painting I've seen. Those fleur de lys are stunning. The whole figure is a masterpiece.
    Marco22 likes this.
  9. Mark S Guest

Superb painting,brilliant piece.
    Marco22 likes this.
  10. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Mes félicitations, toute admiration pour ton projet!
    Marco22 likes this.
  11. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    thanks guys...
    @malc; helmet is just polished, and some mars black (oil) added in the deep shadows and carefully blended.
    mail ; undercoat with humbrol mat33 (diluted) and carefull highlighting with silver ink mixed with either sépia or burn umber or both, gradually adding more silver in the highlihts.
    the sword is a mixture of the two ; bottom part of the blade is coverd with ink ( quite darkened) and the top of the blade is highly polished with a dental burr
    hope it helps... (it is rather difficult to get decent ink siver or gold)

Marc
  12. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc
    That is stunning art work this is a sit down Sunday morning with a cup of tea and look at figure fantastic
    Thank you for sharing ,on 2nd cup of tea looking , hell better stop won't get anything done lol that's the beauty of this hobby .
    Cheers Chris
    Marco22 likes this.
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    Beautiful work Marc, AFAIK the chains securing the sword and/or dagger were fairly large in some cases as they had a brief period as a fashion item before disappearing completely
    Steve
    Marco22 likes this.
  14. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    thanks for the info Steve...

Marc
  15. swralph A Fixture

Beautifully painted:)
    Marco22 likes this.
  16. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    That is beautiful, from the natural pose of the figure to your stunning paintwork. I just love the inner part of his cloak where you can see the flur de lis showing through. Great detail. Love it
    Ben
    Marco22 likes this.
  17. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    wow I really like this great job all around can I ask how long that took you really impressive work
    Marco22 likes this.
  18. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Extremely well painted. Just a few problems with the figure itself. Does the supplier say that its 15th cent as the surcoat and armour point more towards the 10th or 11th. By the 15th century full plate armour was the fashion. And take of the chain on the sword. Just wouldn't have had one it would have been a total hindrance. Your painting is exquisite though
    Marco22 likes this.
  19. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Insanely beautiful work mate, you have my up most respect.

Jonesy.
    Marco22 likes this.
  20. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Marc,
    That is great work and stunning results.
    Cheers
    John
    Marco22 likes this.