1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique french infantryman western front 115th inf.regt 1917

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by john din, Jan 4, 2012.

1. john din Active Member

Greece
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I'm not one to shy away from depicting the reality of the trenches. Not a bit. But usually a story line presents itself which can only be told by depicting that gore. And that's when showing a grisly death is needed to make the vignette work. No intended offense, but what's the story you are telling us? Certainly I could be missing your point - I've done that before! Still - a beautiful job of painting and composing both the Poilu and the corpse! Fine craftsmanship.

All the best,
    Dan
  3. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great work, really. But I think there´s a strange macabre effect, between the corpse and the, aparently proud, gesture of the soldier. I guess your intention is show a dramatic view of war. Right?

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  4. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Really like the Poilu figure. Who makes him and what scale is he?

DG
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done over all. I bet this piece was fun to paint! The blue of the jacket looks well done! I might agree that the Poilu figure seems a bit casual in pose and posture to be subjected to such an imagined stench. I would also say that maybe his fleshtones are a bit on the yellowish side. Maybe more to the "pale" side would work better considering his current locale!

Jay H.
  6. john din Active Member

Greece
    Hi folks,
    I wanted to show the conformation with death, even a grisly one. How apathetic a human being can be under harsh conditions such as then.
    By the way, the figure is 54mm jon smith.
    Thanks.