1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Infantry 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Dec 30, 2008.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Try as hard as I may, this is the best I can do when it comes to snapping pics.Would love any help that anyone can send my way. In any case this the Elite's French infantry 1870. Not to boast or anything but it really is much better than it shows here. The guys at the club can vouch for that:):):)

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Stephen this one is a classic and beautiful sculpture and you have painted in justice for sure. Pictures definately dont show it all as they are a bit faded. But the work shows even through them

Congratulations

Costas
  3. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
  4. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Nice face, not to mention the rest of him. :) I can't say anything about pics - mine are horrible...
  5. Sam Active Member

Malta
    When have you painted this one???? you definitely are not sleeping :):)

As always the painting is something that we all admire :):) but the pics...well I won't say nothing cause mine are also horrible :eek::eek::eek::

Want to paint this someday cause I have it :)

Warmest Regards and hope to see it tnight :):):)

Samwel Vella =]
  6. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Stephen, hows it going mate, very nice piece, always wondered about it, how was the fit and was it enjoyable to paint. Your painting is up to your usual standard - always impressive

PS what camera are you using........?

Dave
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Stephen,

Even with these rough pics, what comes through clearly is your talented and delicate touch with the paintbrush. Superb work.

Perhaps you should buy yourself a new camera!!!!!
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Stephen!!!
    Stephen
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well Stephen, bad pics or not, I can still see your tallents shining through. Nice work!

Jay H.
    OKc
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great work Stephan, this is another French officer c.1870 I really must paint.

Roger
  11. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hi Stephen,

Beautiful work as always. I love the colors. Always enjoy seeing your work.

Dee
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Stephen. Did this figure a few years ago and i think that you had alot off fun painting it. At leas i had.
    But, yours turned out much better then mine.

Marc
  13. el cid New Member

Canada
    The usual inspirational high standard still shines through...see u at MFCA..
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys and gals. Very appreciated. I promise to try to improve my pics because I seriously think that I'm damaging my work as it is

Stephen Mallia
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Dave, this was a figure I always wanted to paint but never had the time. This commision gave me the opportunity. I can only say good things about this figure. Great sculpting, perfect fit( the no putty needed type!!) and great fun to paint. You only need to plan ahead and you can just concentrate on the painting.

The camera I'm using is the Fuji Finepix 610. I did take good pics with it but recently I started messing about with the settings and must have screwed something up and can't get it back. I have to admit that I'm daft when it comes to these things so this is not going to be easy!!!

Stephen
  16. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    AS many have rightly said, your impressive painting shows even through the bad pics (I expected worse believe me coz they're better then the vignette's)

I've seen both pieces just a while ago at our club, guys and gals, and I can assure everyone that the pics are only showing 50% or even less than the actual AWESOME job Steve has done on both pieces!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!

Ray ;)
  17. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    AS many have rightly said, your impressive painting shows even through the bad pics (I expected worse believe me coz they're better then the vignette's)

I've seen both pieces just a while ago at our club, guys and gals, and I can assure everyone that the pics are only showing 50% or even less than the actual AWESOME job Steve has done on both pieces!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!

Ray ;)
  18. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Stephen,
    Great looking and nicely done.
    Cheers
    John
  19. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Even though the pictures aren´t that good.
    I can still see it´s superb painted.
    My compliments,
    Marcel.
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Just superb!

All the best,
    Dan