1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French- Indian War Native Americans.

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by JonH, Dec 28, 2018.

1. JonH Active Member

Hello all on PF.
    I have Mitches 120mm Iroquois and no reference books at all yet. He's wearing the standard infantry red coat over leggings.
    Were these coats issued to Iroquois allies or just acquired? I thought they were worn as "victory" coats by enemy troops on the French side having taken them from British soldiers.
    can anyone shed some light on this?
    Thanks.
    Jon.
    Nap likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jon

I doubt that they were issued ...taken from soldiers they killed in conflict

That's a nice figure

Nap
    JonH likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I was always under the impression that the coats were "captured" - I dont know where this came from, maybe I read it somewhere, or my dad told me when I was a kid!!(y)
    JonH likes this.