1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Imperial Guard Grenadier 1812

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Apr 14, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well Guys,

Here it is. I finished this little men at last.
    It was great fun to paint, i learned alot, because i did him three time's. :lol:
    No it was no fun. what can go wrong went wrong. And at least i am not so satisfied as i must be. When i see the figure's that you have paint, this is not so good.
    But as far as i am now, i think i must be satisfied.
    It is painted in oils with acrylic underneath, printersink for the gold and metals.

So let me know what you think.

marc.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Marc-

As I mentioned earlier, I think the groundwork is very well done. The snow placement on the coat, pants and boots are good also. The blue color is good as is the shading and highs for the great coat.

Some other ideas for you. Perhaps a bit more mud and dirt on his pants and great coat to show how he has marched thru the snow. For my own work, I have a difficult time dirtying something I spent so much time painting. :)

May be it's the photo's but the gold buttons seem a bit flat? May be a bit more shades and highlights on the metals...

Well done overall. This is a nicely composed and presented vignette. Thanks for sharing. What's next for you?

Keith
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, simply put, you are getting better and better,you are not so far off. ;)
    I agree with Keith's assessment, a little bit of mud here and there would add a touch of realism.

Keep up the good work

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Well Done,Marc (y) ! So,what's next on the bench ;) ?
    Kenneth.
  5. Brad S Member

Marc,

The groundwork looks good and as others have said, you are getting better with each new figure. I know I always think my painting sucks, but its because I have looked at it too long, and know all the mistakes. Put it away, it will look better in a month. Keep up the the good work and thanks for sharing.

Brad Spelts
  6. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Marc,

Fine work. I am so happy that you changed to oils. Your progress on a very short time is fantastic. Do not forget to bring your grenadier next tuesday!

See ya

Johan ;)
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Keith

Thanks for the nice comments. I am agree with you that the buttons are flat. From the 10 buttons that are to be there, there are only 3. Oke, they are also flat, but i shall do some shading. The other 5 are painted. I cannot paint 3D.
    The mud, i gonna make this evening something and put it on.

Thanks.

marc
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rocco,
    As always thank you so very much. The mud is gonna spread all over him this evening. :)

marc
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kenneth,

Much appreciate your kind words.
    The next one is Irish Knight from Pegaso (the gold box). I must try some chainarmour. :lol:

Marc
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Brad,

I shall keep that in mind. But i'm lookin everyday to him. So i gotta put him behind black glass.

Marc
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Johan,

Bedankt. The best thing for me in painting was the switch to oils. For myself i think i can handle them better.
    You can see him in person next thuesday.

Marc
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice to see your work Marc. Now it's time to comment on your figure as you did for the same figure that i finished earlier. I will echo what others said. I also love oils and i paint exclusively with them. :)
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Xenofon,

It is also nice to have a hard judgement. :) That's what i can learn from.
    Just as you i think i stay to the oilpaint. For a novice like me it is the better handling of the oils for staying on them.
    Hope to see more work of you also.

Greetings Marc
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Marc...........welcome back to oils. I am using oils more and more and using enamels less and less. I like the blending you have done.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy,

Always appreciate your comments.

Marc