1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Foreign Legion

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Craig B, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Craig B New Member

Canada
    Here is my first post with image, borrowing a friends camera, I still have not sorted out the focusing. It is 54mm and was attempted several times, stripping and starting over till I got satisfied with the outcome.

Wished it was a better image.
    Craig

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Craig,
    You did a great job with your figure. The flesh tones look great as the blue jacket is done very well. Theonlyarea I see you could add on, is to aply some more contrast into the red pants. The boots are well weathered and the overall presentation is simple, yet stunning. Who is the manufacturer of this figure.....may have to add him to my list.
  3. Craig B New Member

Canada
    The kit is F.M. Beneito, it came in two pieces and a base. There is alot more contrast on the pants but it was lost with the flash even with my attempts to cover the flash with tissue. I gave his lower legs and light dusting of sand colour paint for weathering affect too but that does not show up well either.

A friend, Ralph Moschler, from the local Model Soldier Society made the pedastal for me.

Thanks

Craig
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Graig,

Looks good. Nice but the flash died the colours.
    If it is a digicam you can do the follow.
    Swith the flash out. Put 2 60 W lamps to light the subject. Set the wite balance to auto.
    Then with the camera on macro and hold it in a tripot or set it stable and with the autoshutter on make the pic.

I can say that give's a better pic. Try it, and post the result again.

Marc.
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I agree that you have done a nice job there Graig despite the poor photo. I'm sure you can do it better next time. Keep it up.
  6. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    i just could not resist.

xxx n OOOs,
    awd

French Foreign Legion by Craig B.
    [IMG]
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    Hi, I like it and I'm agree with Guy: flesh tones are excellent ;)
    Cheers
    Jaime