1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Dromedary Regiment

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Hugo Pereira, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Zastrow

I want to ask you appollogies for the delay answer... We are trying to do corrections and because of that I didnt answer earlier... My appollogies Sir...

I want to express my gratitute for all your help, time and patience that you have... Its very important to RPmodels have a such 'good friend'... You are very kind Sir...

We did a big journey, but k now everthing is better... And the final result, in miy opinion of course, is very good... Something different and unusual, but with many dinamica and action pose... I hope you like the bust too... Its different...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  2. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Robert C33

I want to ask you appollogies for the delay answer... Im sorry any inconvenience...

Im very happy because you liked... Its a very good figure, in my opinion, of course...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Al

Thank you for your comment, but first I want to ask you appollogies for the delay answer...

Im very happy because you liked...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  4. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Jai

I want to asl appollogies for the delay answer, but infortunally I didnt have time to do better... We was in corrections of the figure and we was in a challenge to do teh changes for we can send to 3D print... And know everthing is alright, and we are breading... LOL... LOL...

Thank you for all your help... We did the corrections, but it was very difficult to everthing riht, with so poor information, and the registers in history and sources arent the best... This unit have a shortly life, and because of that the information is almost none... After I saw the first comments I thought... What a mess... And I talked to my people, and told them the importance to do everthing alright... We puted hands on work, and we do the best that we can...

Thank you for everthing Sir... You are very kind...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

Well done Hugo. On my wish list but with the squadrons of cuirassiers being released I hope I'm able to afford it.

Cheers

Huw
  6. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hugo,

Where and when can we order one? Please reserve one for me.

Cheers
    Chris
    clrsgt likes this.
  7. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    good job and nice correction..

I saw some strange situation on the new pictures...

the cartridge on the left side... impossible, has to be on the right side for a practical situation, it contains the munitions and the soldier must get them with the right hand to charge the fusil, with the cartridge on the wrong side he cannot do this operation fast

the sabretache cannot enter into the sword, are two different pieces and they have to be separate. In the pictures seem that the thickness of the sabretache is catted by the sword scabbard

the hair cut is more empire style, in the Egyptian campaign men have long hair tressed in hussar style, anyway is a minor problem
    OldTaff, Zastrow.cuirassier and Huw63 like this.
  8. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Hugo. The corrections improve an already fantastic figure immensely. I am waiting impatiently for the figure to become available. Reserve one of the 75mm full figure versions for me.
  9. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Dan...

I want to ask you appollogies for the delay answer... But we was cruise with the changes, and now we are cruise with the reserves... LOL... LOL...

Thank you for your support... Your words give us strenght to keep the good work... RPmodels is very small, and very new... There are people much better than us, and we have conscious of that... But we arent 'fighting' or in competition with no company or person... I have may one job, with many stress decisions and critical ones... But this isnt important... The most important thing, I do this because I have a great passion for history and modelling... And Im a very demand person... So what I do its to develop things that arent in the market, and I would love to see them... And Ive the lucky to have people that help us a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT... People that are always ready to do what its need... People that give us their time, to help us... And this is something amazing... Fo me its GREAAAATTTTTT...

We have counscious that we are very small, and there are much better companies than us... But I dont mind... Because the most important thing.... I LOVEEEEE History, and Modelling... And every day I learn something new... And this my medal... LOL...

Thank you Sir for everthing... Thank you for be always there ro help us and support us...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  10. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Ivo Preda

I ask you appollogies for teh delay answer... Im sorry Sir...

I already puted a paint where you can see the sabretache in this Regiment... About the eagle, we already changed Sir... Thank you for the TIP... The sword, we have a paint that we use for develop teh model wher you can see a sword... This Regiment have almost none information... Its very difficult do have an exactely idea... Has I posted, there are some Dromedaires Regiment.... They all use the same gear and weapons? I have some paints there are fro the beginning of the Regiment life... And in the enf of Regiment Life? They continu using the same gear and equiment? Its very difficult to no and sometimes its very difficult to develop paint critics, because in the paint, there are a personnal touch of the painter... But I believe we did a good job, and Ive so many reserves, that this is the best way for people tell me... Hugo we love this piece...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  11. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

pardon but I don't understand what do you want to say...

referring to the sabretache: it was always more or less the same during the revolutionary/empire period ( except the symbol on the cover). is a piece of leather that (according to the suspension system) fly over the sword scabbard. Your picture shows a sabretache and a sword that seems a single piece (

referring to the cartridge position is simply wrond... I never see a document that shows it on the left simply because it doesn't work correctly for his function
  12. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Ivo Preda

Thank you for your comment...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ivo ,

RP welcome your comments and input if I may say about the model

The sabretache now has the revolutionary symbol on it , the sword and this look as one I agree but will be easy to separate if wished IMO .

The cartridge pouch ..I agree normally seen worn over the right but perhaps our trooper has moved it for ease as soldiers of all nations seem to do now when on campaign as I am sure they did then .

Information is difficult enough on this period as I am sure you know

I am looking forward to seeing mine it's an amazing looking release .

I would love to see a version by you , I have always admired your amazing work ....something I aspire to ....when I get mine I have a few ideas to do on it.

Happy painting

Nap
  14. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    [IMG]

hi Nap... the picture show a MM figure charging his fusil. This is exactly the job that a soldier does when he need to recharge and fire.

I agree with you everything is possible but the cartridge on the left isn't reasonable in fighting action
  15. jai A Fixture

Italy

i'm absolutely right, I had not noticed the wrong position
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    An idea for the cartridge pouch maybe ...replace it with a haversack and put the pouch on the other side on a new strap ...

Just a thought ,

Nap
  17. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Clrsgt

I ask you appollogies for the delay answer... We are completely cruise with the preparations for Euro...

Im very happy because you liked...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
  18. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you Mr. Ivo Preda for your comment...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  19. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Jai...

Im sorry the delay answer... If yopu look to the figure that Mr. Ivo Preda puted in post before, you can see the ammo pouch in the right side and he is chatging the rifle, that are in the right side... Maybe, but just maybe, you have the rifle in the left side, the ammo pouch have to be in the right side, to chatge the weapon easier... But this is just an idea... In army there are person that fire the weapon in the right side and the other that fire in the left side...

Thank you for your comment...

With the best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  20. Huw63 A Fixture

Hello Hugo

Flintlocks were not manufactured for left or right sides and you would never fire from the left as the burning powder would burn your face and possibly blind you. Therefore I think this wouldn't work.

The best solution is to re-sculpt the cartridge box to hang over the left shoulder and possibly add a haversack or waterborne as Nap suggests.

I think the design is good but for many this issue and not having a separate sabretache might put people off from buying an otherwise excellent product.

Cheers

Huw