1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed French Dragoon Regiment Listenois

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 24, 2016.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I painted this 54mm Fabrice Eisenbach demi-ronde figure almost a year ago. Anyway I wasn't happy with it so into the stripper it went.
    I've been playing around with it ever since. I've never post any wip photos because I had a suspicion it would be going back in the stripper bath.

However I persevered and here it is, finished at last.

IMG_4311.JPG
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very nice Roger, he has a great range of these figures having of course released the earlier ones with metal Models. I have about 16 of these waiting to be painted but have been very tempted with the Eisenbach Range as he has some figures from the Napoleonic Period and earlier that are not available in the round.

Did you buy directly from his website? I know he doesn't speak English.

Keith
  3. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely painted throughout.
    I particularly like the horse.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Very well painted....great colors....

Wayne
    peedee, anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  5. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Roger. I think the demi rondes are very nice models and you have made a great job of this one. Was looking at the details (the boots in particular) and you have a great way with the paint.
    Cheers
    Mat
  6. Oda A Fixture

Well Rog,I do not have to comment on the painting because as usual it's top notch.This is the point-after seeing the sheer amount of your output and above all its consistent high quality-where I'm starting to question the fact of you being only one person or of you getting any sleep at all.This could be a case of genuine demonic posession of a figure painter, "Thy name is Legion".At least that's a way to understand it all,the only alternative would be that you are the incarnation of some multi-handed Hindu deity.I am of course joking my friend and you know that I couldn't be happier that you are so very creative and productive.Always delighted to see your little wonders (wasn't joking about the sleeping part,seriously mate,do you ever get any sleep?):D

Oda.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Keith.
    I ordered this and a Napoleonic one for Ron T directly from his website. I am sure our correspondence was in English but I'll check up on that, however our emails might have been deleted by now.
    peedee and anstontyke like this.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Andrew.
    The secret to the horse is Liquin and make-up brushes. :D
    peedee and anstontyke like this.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Wayne. :)
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Mat. This one has taken a longtime to get to this and a couple of times I thought it would be never finished.
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Oda, it's just a case of managing my time correctly. :LOL:
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. Oda A Fixture

Modesty is an attribute of a gentleman.It is not correct time management my friend,it is talent and lots of hard work(y).

Oda.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Oda, that's very kind of you.
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  14. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    great work again roger
    i am sure you have your own tardis because you seem to be able to fit at least 3days into every 1 normal day:LOL:

tony
    Oda and billyturnip like this.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work.

Marc
  16. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Very nice work on figure and horse, looks great.

Chris
  17. fesak_j Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Roger, I have started to think that the ship abadonned you at the dessert island with the fully loaded box of minis :D nice one ;) (y)
  18. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done. Like the shading of the dragoon himself particularly.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Tony.
    This one actually took a long time, it's only in the past few days it seemed to come together.
    anstontyke likes this.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Marc. :)