1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique French Cyclist In Deserted Village

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Dan Morton, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    1/16th scale - using mostly MagicSculpt.

I think the cyclist is finished complete with loaf of bread and knife. The Adrian helmet was scratch built. I made two but the second will have a finished liner and helmet strap. It's not for this piece.

The head is from Reedee's but with a modified nose and large moustaches. The Berthier carbine is from a kit. The equipment was part kit, part scratch built.

The jacket is the M1914 with stand up collar. The jacket has two bicyclist emblems - one on each sleeve, and the Regiment markings on the collar.

Next to build - back-drop of the boarded up village shops and the ornate light pole.

Hope you like it!

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed Dan (y)

Steve
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Steve. It's coming along.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work Dan but a long way to go.
    If I can make some remarks.
    His right leg looks very unnatural. The turn sidewards from the leg should be from the hip not from the knee. The exorotation from the leg is into the hip, not the knee, only the last 10 degrees but the with a totally locked knee in extension. So I think you better turn his leg with the foot rightup.
    Furter he has the bread laying on his fingers. I think you better stretchen the fingers with a hairdryer and bend them outwards.
    Hope I made some positive critism.

Marc
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you for the critique, Marc. I'll see what I can do.

All the best,
    Dan
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    very inventive Dan. A lovely little scene
  7. offo A Fixture

Hi, just wo 2214826175_31b2575c66.jpg rking on the same topic. And when I saw your work. I tell you that I saw somewhere. Nice idea and composition. Moreover, historically documented.
    offo
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Tony! Offo - there's room for another - it's a popular photo!

I've just altered the knee and bent the leg a bit more - hopefully that will look right to everyone. I'll let it dry and post a photo soon.

Looking forward to putting together the backdrop and the light pole.

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Romque Member

nice job the only strange thing is the lenght of the arms which seems a little bit to long
    furthermore this is a great scene

Romaque
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for your critique, Romaque. I'll check the arms of course, but I think they measure out correctly according to the 1/16th scale - 5 foot 11 inch actual size scale I'm using.

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Romaque - I checked this morning and it looks like I did make a mistake on one of the arms. I'll work on correcting it this weekend and re-post. Again, thanks for pointing it out.

All the best,
    Dan
  12. Romque Member

Hi Dan hope see the new version quickly (y)
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent progress Dan.
    Carl.(y)
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Romaque & Carl - Many thanks!

I've finished fixing the arm and have been working on the ornate light pole.

All the best,
    Dan
  15. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good progress Dan.
    It is really taking shape now. I'm watching closely, keep plugging away Mate.
    heers,
    Keith
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Cheers Keith! Thanks much!

All the best,
    Dan
    Wings5797 likes this.