Completed Critique French Cuirassier bust, CGS military figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ben-nl, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello dear friends,

I show you my last finished bust. It is the 200mm bust French Cuirassier, produced by CGS Military Figures.
    The metal was difficult to do. I hope you like it.
    please tell me your comments.

Ben

P1140651.JPG P1140648.JPG P1140632.JPG P1140623.JPG P1140624.JPG P1140625.JPG P1140628.JPG P1140647.JPG
    arxo, BigDaddy, taff edwards and 17 others like this.
  2. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    For me it's the very first time I see this great bust painteted. Perfect work & thanks for sharing! What kind of colours were used for the metal parts?

Martin
  3. YDGIN Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Great job!
  4. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work! I like this dynamic bust. If I may offer some constructive criticism, the barrel of the rifle is upside down. The front sight post should be on top of the barrel rather than on the underside.

Jason
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. kilsh Well-Known Member

England
    Well worth persevering on the metal Ben, turned out great!

Cheers

Neil
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Prachtig werk Ben,

Marc
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ben,youv'e done a great job on this bust,if I could just add perhaps a little shading on the metal part of the helmet :D,congratulations on a great job,and the weathering looks great as well (y)

Brian
  8. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Brilliant painting Ben.
    Great weathering on the tunic and Cuirass.
    Keith
  9. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Superb Ben, lovely as always
    The barrel is correct :), at least to several references although there are variations. The piece below the barrel is not the sight, but I have seen some on top and some without.
    The osprey book confirms with line drawings the piece depicted, here are a couple of others. The last pic is a different shorter barrel version but shows the same at the end of barrel
    Best wishes
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Wings5797, Mark Dollery and Ventress like this.
  10. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Great figure all round.
  11. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Well, that's nice work, Ben, :)
    Done this one myself & enjoyed every moment on it!
    Mark D ;)
  12. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely stuff.
    great weathering.

Gells
  13. Funky50 Guest

This is a really lovely bust and a cracking paint job here..... Well done...Kevin
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Fantastic job this is a lovely sculpt and you've done it proud maybe a tiny bit of a wash on the metals as they look a bit too shiny but that might be the light ? Re the carbine is it a bayonet lug rather than a sight ? Not my period so it's just a guess
    Steve
  15. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like my comment was a bit hasty on this one. After some research, it looks like the weapon appears as it should. I think the thing on the underside of the barrel is actually a lug for the bayonet. My apologies . . .

Jason
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    No no Jason you can't do that you have to argue that you're the only one right and everybody is wrong then go off in a huff :ROFLMAO: That's the rules :troll: Btw Ben forgot to say that's a lovely base it's on (y)
    Steve
  17. swralph A Fixture

Very nice painting
  18. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thank Martin for your kindly comment. I had used Humbrol enamel gold andsilver for base colour. Highlight with Printers Ink of Federicus Rex.
    Ben
  19. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks all for comments. I have done some shadow for the silver Steve, but it is gone awy wih taken the photo...

Ben