1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Crossbowman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kamil Feliks Sztarbala, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    Hi
    somth new from me after very long absence ;)
    It is inspired by picture from osprey- french crossbowman- but finally i've sculpted cartoon looks-like figure:)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

as always- comments are wery welcome
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome back, Kamil. Nice job and an interesting choice of figure. I haven't achieved the clean look in sculpting this figure has, but I'm still trying. All of mine have been pretty messy at this stage!

Well, to be honest, it's the face that looks, to use your words, 'cartoon-like'. It's the exaggerated eyes - much too large for the face. The rest of the face is fine. If you corrected the eyes and probably resculpted the knife on his belt, the figure would be quite a bit more realistic. Those two things and possibly thinned the fingers of the hand holding the shaft of the crossbow - they're too thick. Compare them to the other hand. The other hand looks OK to me.

All offered in the spirit of helpful critique! Hope you aren't offended!

all the best,
    Dan
  3. Calvin Member

Hi Kamil,
    in my (newbie...) opinion your figures are well sculpted, above all your mermaid, the only false note I see, but is just my opinion, not a critique, is the head, too big, and eyes/nose too prominent.
    Ciao, Luca
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Kamil,my friend,so good to see you back again on the "planet" ! I have to agree with the rest,that is one really nice figure that you'd sculpted there ! Is it 54mm in scale ? Perhaps if you made it less "cartoon-like",it will really be a STUNNER ! Just my 2 cents worth,Kamil. Cheers !
    Kenneth.

BTW,will you be able to make it to the World Expo in Boston ?
  5. bosko b Member

Hi Kamil,

Apart from some, as you have put it, cartoon-like features, I think your figure looks great.
    Great animation and folds (y)

Keep up the good work

Luka