1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Chasseur

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    First of all many thanks to Dave Madax and Luis Rodriguez for all the wonderful reference material.

This is a beautifully sculpted 90mm. figure of a French Chasseur, sculpted by Ray Lamb and produced by Poste Militaire, the pioneer of all figure manufacturers.
    The figure is primed with automobile spray primer and is now ready for the acrylic undercoat.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  2. dario966 New Member

hey Rocco
    this 'horseman' is awfully deficient in his knees' girth, I guess the knees rubbed off some and then some more while riding :) , on the other hand the legs are horsemen-like bend at knees - A+, but a big butt for a skinny French 'bravo' :)
    otherwise a tight looking, very attentive fellow.
    I would imagine he might look good with a nicely outfitted mount - in a ready-for-inspection type of stance...
    enjoy your painting... perhaps some info on the color choice and aplication etc
    Darayavaush
  3. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Hey Roc

Sure it will look great when you finish him. Looks very much like the Hussars depicted in the Meissonier and Detaille paintings to me, both in dress and anotomy.

Could you please tell me what brand of Auto Primer you are using ? Haven`t had much luck using those.

I`ve been experiencing lots of problems with the Floquil Figure Primer recently and would like to fine a good replacement.

Thanks !

Rich
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Dario, thanks for your comments, I tend to agree with you about the knees, but I don't think they are that bad. ;)

As far as his butt goes, maybe all the beer he drank when to his butt. :lol: :lol:

Cheers
    Roc.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Richard, the Primer that I use is called Brite touch, it's available at Auto zone.
    A 10 oz. can costs only $2.95, that is a very good buy.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks promising Rocco!
    I would like to see some updates!
    christos
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Chris, I have just painted the green uniform, when completely dry I will post some pictures.

Cheers
    Roc.