1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Freebie paper tanks

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by NeilW, Jun 11, 2019.

1. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tank1.JPG Tank2.JPG Tank3.JPG Tank4.JPG Tank5.JPG Tank6.JPG

Anyone fancy a break from figs and go at building 1/76 tanks for free should visit this site:
    http://www.landships.info/landships/models.html

The L/H list opens up to allow you to download a whole new world of paper models (mainly WW1 plus a few aircraft and even a Zeppelin).

There's also a 1/35 railway gun.
    Mike S., Osebor, Reptor and 3 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Neil (y)
    There's a chappie in our club who likes his paper models (currently building a 32nd Mosquito) Obviously there are limitations in terms of scale appearance, but they have a charm all of their own and, of course, if you muck a bit up you can always print it off again. No need to stick to the scale suggested - simply print them off at a different size to give different scales (Ian built a Saturn V rocket which when assembled is 11' tall!) :cool:
    Cheers
    Paul
    Osebor and MattMcK. like this.
  3. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes, I thought about printing them off in different scales as well (up to 1:1!)... as long as things stay in proportion.

That was a lesson learned when in primary school I was making a paper model of a viking longship and, realising that the card was larger than the template required by 4 inches, so I just added that to each dimension. Teacher had to explain to me why I now had a longer but rather wide/tall ship...LoL.

Served me in good stead and many years later I showed my sons how to make them (and explained about ratios and proportions)
  4. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Yeah very good idea and your release is just fantastic! (y):D
  5. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my release: I can't take any credit other than coming across them in my web meanderings. They're all from the authors noted on the site under Creative Commons licenses.

These look interesting (the mortar is a challenge to most of us as its instructions are in Russian).

Tank7.JPG Tank8.JPG Tank9.JPG
    Reptor and Osebor like this.
  6. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    There I go!